公众人物毕业演讲第311期:阿丽安娜.哈芬顿2013史密斯学院(1)
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
Thank you so much Thank you so much, President Christ, the Board of Trustees
非常感谢非常感谢 克里斯特校长 董事会
Members of the faculty 1, devoted 2 parents and friends and especially the fabulous 3 Smith College class of 2013
教职工成员们 勇于奉献的家长们和朋友们还有成就卓越的史密斯学院2013届毕业生们
Congratulations. You have reached the light at the end of the tunnel And when you first arrived at Smith four years ago
祝贺你们 你们在漫长黑夜之后迎来了黎明你们四年前第一次来到史密斯学院时
I'm sure you never imagined that at the other end of that tunnel
我敢肯定你们没有想到在这黑夜即将结束之日
There would be a lady behind a podium talking to you in a funny accent This accent has been the bane of my existence
会有一位抄着滑稽口音的女士 站在台前为你们致辞这个口音曾是我生活的烦恼之源
Until in 1980 I moved to New York from England and I met Henry Kissinger
直到1980年我从英格兰移居纽约并碰到亨利.基辛格
And he said to me, don't ever worry about your accent In American public life, you can never underestimate
他跟我说 不要担心你的口音在美国公共生活中 永远不要低估
The advantages of complete and total incomprehensibility I'm so grateful to be with you at this very special moment
说话含糊不清甚至完全不可理解的优势我很庆幸 能在这个特殊的日子里 和你们待在一起
You don't know me but I have spent the last few weeks stalking you on your Smith websites, on your Twitter feeds
你们不认识我 但我最近几周都在跟踪你们在你们的史密斯网站上 在你们的推特交流版上
On Facebook, on Instagram, on Tumblr so I could get to know you better
在Facebook上 在Instagram上 在Tumblr上我都尽力了解你们的信息
So here's what i've found: you're fascinating and curious and quirky
以下就是我的发现你们很迷人 好奇心强 而且很古怪
And asking the big questions and worrying about the little things and solving the cosmic riddles
问着大问题 却担心一些小事情一边解决着宇宙的谜题
And agonizing about what shoes to wear at Commencement and what happens if you trip and become a youtube sensation
一边却在着急毕业典礼穿什么鞋子如果不小心摔倒成为YouTube热点该怎么办
n.才能;学院,系;(学院或系的)全体教学人员
- He has a great faculty for learning foreign languages.他有学习外语的天赋。
- He has the faculty of saying the right thing at the right time.他有在恰当的时候说恰当的话的才智。
adj.忠诚的,忠实的,热心的,献身于...的
- He devoted his life to the educational cause of the motherland.他为祖国的教育事业贡献了一生。
- We devoted a lengthy and full discussion to this topic.我们对这个题目进行了长时间的充分讨论。