公众人物毕业演讲第316期:阿丽安娜.哈芬顿2013史密斯学院(6)
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
To me, it's very much a third women's revolution call to arms She spoke 1 of the need to dispel 2 myths about ambition and success
在我看来 这就是第三次女性革命的革命宣言她讲到消除抱负和成功误区的必要性
Chief among them the myth that success and ambition look like a straight line
其中最重要的一个误区就是成功和抱负看起来像一条直线
Now I guess it's no big surprise that the image of success created by men would be yes, a long, phallic-shaped straight line
我想 毋庸置疑 男人们所塑造的成功形象确实就是一条阳物形状的直线
But if we don't redefine success the personal price we pay will get higher and higher
但如果我们不重新定义成功我们将要付出的个人代价就会越来越大
As the data shows, already that price is much higher for women than for men
根据已有数据显示女性的成功成本比男性高很多
Among career women who have stressful jobs and which career woman doesn't
在工作压力大的职业女性当中哪个职业女性压力不大呢
There's a nearly 40 percent increased risk of heart disease and a 60 percent increased risk of diabetes 3
心脏病患病风险要高将近40%而糖尿病患病风险要高60%
And in the last 30 years as women have made strides and gains in the workplace
而且在过去30年间就在女性 在工作中取得进步和斩获的同时
Self-reported levels of stress have gone up 18 percent Another Smith graduation speaker, Alistair Cooke
自我评估的压力水平上升了18%另一位史密斯毕业典礼发言人 阿利斯泰.库克
Notoriously told the class of 1954 that their way to the top would be determined by the men they married
竟然恬不知耻地告诉1954届毕业生她们走向成功的道路将由所嫁男性来决定
I want to do old Alistair one better and tell you that you don't get to the top by marrying someone
我只想把阿利斯泰的腐朽思想稍加改进告诉你们走向成功的道路不是由所嫁男性来决定
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
vt.驱走,驱散,消除
- I tried in vain to dispel her misgivings.我试图消除她的疑虑,但没有成功。
- We hope the programme will dispel certain misconceptions about the disease.我们希望这个节目能消除对这种疾病的一些误解。