公众人物毕业演讲 第305期:亚马逊创始人贝佐斯普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(4)
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
I went to my boss and told him I wanted to start a company selling books on the Internet.
我告诉我的老板我想开办一家在网上卖书的公司。
He took me on a long walk in Central Park, listened carefully to me, and finally said,
他带我在中央公园漫步良久,认真地听我讲完,最后说:
"That sounds like a really good idea, but it would be an even better idea for someone who didn't already have a good job."
“听起来真是一个很好的主意,但是对那些目前没有谋到一份好工作的人来说,这个主意会更好。”
That logic 1 made some sense to me, and he convinced me to think about it for 48 hours before making a final decision.
这一逻辑对我而言颇有道理,他说服我在最终作出决定之前再考虑48小时。
Seen in that light, it really was a difficult choice, but ultimately, I decided 2 I had to give it a shot.
那样想来,这个决定确实很艰难,但是最终,我决定拼一次。
I didn't think I'd regret trying and failing.
我认为自己不会为尝试过后的失败而遗憾。
And I suspected I would always be haunted by a decision to not try at all.
倒是有所决定但完全不付诸行动会一直煎熬着我。
After much consideration, I took the less safe path to follow my passion, and I'm proud of that choice.
在深思熟虑之后,我选择了那条不安全的道路,去追随我内心的热情,我为那个决定感到骄傲。
Tomorrow, in a very real sense, your life - the life you author from scratch on your own -begins.
明天,非常现实地说,你们从零塑造自己人生的时代即将开启。
How will you use your gifts?
你们会如何运用自己的天赋?
What choices will you make?
你们又会作出怎样的抉择?
Will inertia 3 be your guide, or will you follow your passions?
你们是被惯性所引导,还是追随自己内心的热情?
Will you follow dogma, or will you be original?
你们会墨守陈规,还是勇于创新?
Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service and adventure?
你们会选择安逸的生活,还是选择一个奉献与冒险的人生?
n.逻辑(学);逻辑性
- What sort of logic is that?这是什么逻辑?
- I don't follow the logic of your argument.我不明白你的论点逻辑性何在。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。