公众人物毕业演讲第380期:查理邓森2013在犹他州立大学(11)
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
But in the end Nike always allowed me to answer those questions over the span of my career.
但最后总还是只有耐克 能够对那些问题给出肯定的答案
I used the term "journey" earlier It's an important nuance 1.
之前我用到过一个词 "旅途"这是一个很重要的词
Because I believe that's what we're all on It's not a sprint 2, although it's going to feel like one at times.
因为我相信 我们所有人都在旅途中这不是冲刺 虽然有些时候感觉有点像
One of the things we all learn over time is patience not a term i've ever been comfortable with for most of my life.
随着时间的推移 我们都会学到一点 就是耐心我人生大多数时候 并不总能很好地驾驭它
But certainly something i've learned to embrace It really struck me when I moved abroad and had to adapt to a foreign culture.
但这一点显然值得我去学习我到国外的时候 适应外国文化总让我倍受打击
It was one of the greatest learning opportunities of my life I finally learned there was more than one way to solve a problem.
但这也是我人生中最好的学习机会之一我最终学到 解决问题的方式总是有很多种
More than one way to create an opportunity and more than one way to communicate a message.
创造机会的方式不止一种传达信息的方式也不止一种
It changed my perspective on almost everything and really created the opportunity and capability 3.
这改变了我对几乎一切事物的看法为我创造了机会 让我能够
To run a multi-billion dollar global brand and organization It's a journey.
有效运营一家数十亿美元价值的全球品牌和组织这是一段旅途
Make sure you set yourself up to enjoy it For you and your generation.
确保你做好准备 享受这段旅途对于你们这一代人
You will have more responsibility and opportunity than any generation in history Now that may sound a bit daunting 4.
你们的责任和机会比以往任何一代人都多这可能听起来有点让人畏缩
n.(意义、意见、颜色)细微差别
- These users will easily learn each nuance of the applications they use.这些用户会很快了解他们所使用程序的每一细微差别。
- I wish I hadn't become so conscious of every little nuance.我希望我不要变得这样去思索一切琐碎之事。
n.短距离赛跑;vi. 奋力而跑,冲刺;vt.全速跑过
- He put on a sprint to catch the bus.他全速奔跑以赶上公共汽车。
- The runner seemed to be rallied for a final sprint.这名赛跑者似乎在振作精神作最后的冲刺。
n.能力;才能;(pl)可发展的能力或特性等
- She has the capability to become a very fine actress.她有潜力成为杰出演员。
- Organizing a whole department is beyond his capability.组织整个部门是他能力以外的事。