时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲


英语课

   I had heard of it and in fact.


  我听说过它而且实际上
  I had even purchased several pairs of shoes while I was in high school and college He asked me if I would be interested in a job.
  我甚至在高中和大学的时候 买过几双它的鞋子他问我 有没有兴趣在这家公司工作
  But the idea of attaching my fragile 1 career plan to a small company run by a bunch of ex-jocks.
  我觉得我的职业计划本就脆弱不堪若是再投身于一家前大学运动员开的小公司
  Was something I didn't think was a very good idea, so I said no We all make mistakes.
  这肯定不是一个好主意 于是我拒绝了所有人都会犯错
  I focused on my department store job through the holiday season Needless 2 to say, if any of you have ever worked retail 3 at Christmas.
  假期间 我集中精力干我的百货店工作毋庸赘言 在圣诞节做过零售的人都知道
  You know it is a lot of hard work I wasn't sure it was going to be the career I was looking for.
  这是非常艰苦的工作我不确定 这是不是我要寻找的职业
  So, I called my friend again to see how he was doing He was managing a small group of retail stores.
  于是 我打电话给那位朋友 问他干得如何他正管理一小拨耐克零售店
  That the Nike Company had opened to get better distribution 4 in some key running markets The year was 1979.
  这些零售店开在关键市场 为耐克寻求更好分销渠道这是1979年
  He asked me again if I had any interest as there were a couple of assistant store manager jobs open.
  他再次问我是否感兴趣当时有一些店铺经理助理的职位空缺
  And he could get me into one of them I had to think about it.
  他愿意为我提供一个岗位我需要想想
  It was still retail but it was an entry point into the company.
  这仍然是零售但这是进入公司的切入点
  What it did offer was a direct connection with sports and business and it was working with a lot of ex-athletes. Now I call them athletes and they're jocks.
  它能提供的是运动和经营之间的直接联系而且这里很多同事都是原来的大学运动员
  I'd show a little bit of respect all the things I had a passion for.
  我应该尊敬这些人所有这些 我都很有热情

adj.易碎的,脆的,易损坏的,虚弱的,脆弱的
  • The old lady was increasingly fragile after her operation.那位老太太手术后身体越来越虚弱。
  • This glass disc looks very fragile.这个玻璃盘子看起来很容易碎。
adj.不必,无须,不必要的,无用的
  • Needless to say,I agree.无须说,我是同意的。
  • It is needless to add that you are in want of a second.你需要一个助手,那是不必说的。
v./n.零售;adv.以零售价格
  • In this shop they retail tobacco and sweets.这家铺子零售香烟和糖果。
  • These shoes retail at 10 yuan a pair.这些鞋子零卖10元一双。
n.运送;分发,分配;分布,分布状态
  • The conference discussed the fair distribution of income and wealth.会议讨论了公平分配收入和财富的问题。
  • Unequal distribution of wealth may cause division in society.财富分配不均会引起社会分裂。
标签: 公众人物 演讲