复合句与简单句的转换技巧
英语课
一、含宾语从句的复合句转换为简单句
即将宾语从句转换成相应的短语。如:
We expected 1 that you would 2 come. 我们希望你来。
→We expected you to come. 我们希望你来。
Now tell me what I should do. 现在告诉我该怎么办。
→Now tell me what to do. 现在告诉我该怎么办。
I remember I once met her at a party. 我记得在一次晚会上见过他。
→I remember once meeting 3 her at a party. 我记得在一次晚会上见过他。
I ask him what I shall 4 do. 我问他该怎么办。
→I ask him what to do. 我问他该怎么办。
I can’t decide 5 whom 6 I should invite 7. 我不能决定该邀请谁。
→I can’t decide whom to invite. 我不能决定该邀请谁。
二、含状语从句的复合句转换成简单句
即将状语从句转换成状语短语。如:
He can’t come because he is ill. 他因病不能来。
→He can’t come because of his illness 8. 他因病不能来。
Turn off 9 the light before you leave. 离开前请关灯。
→Turn off the light before leaving. 离开前请关灯。
He went home after he finished 10 his work. 他做完工作后就回家了。
→He went home after finishing his work. 他做完工作后就回家了。
He was 11 so angry that he couldn’t speak. 他气得话都说不出来。
→He was too angry too speak. 他气得话都说不出来。
He studied hard in order 13 that he could 12 pass the exam 14. 他努力学习以便能考及格。
→He studied hard in order to pass the exam. 他努力学习以便能考及格。
adj.(用作定语)预期要发生的,期待中的v.期望( expect的过去式和过去分词 );预料;要求;认为(某事)会发生
- The company has a strict dress code—all male employees are expected to wear suits. 公司有严格的着装规定—所有男职员都要穿西服。
- The bargain prices are expected to entice customers away from other stores. 低廉的价格意在把顾客从其他商店吸引过来。
aux.will的过去式;愿,要;常常;大概;将要,会
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
n.会议;集会
- Will you be at the meeting?你会来开会吗?
- We would like to hold the meeting at an early date.我们希望早日举行这次会议。
vi./vt.决定;下决心
- It's a difficult question to decide.这是个难以决定的问题。
- I can't decide which to choose.我无法决定要选哪一个。
pron.谁(who的宾格)
- That is the man whom I met in Beijing last year.他就是我去年在北京碰见的那个人。
- He married a wife by whom he had two daughters.他娶了妻子并跟她生了两个女儿。
vt.邀请,引起,招致;n.邀请
- We'd better not invite him.我们最好不要邀请他。
- They invite us to have dinner.我们邀请他们去电影院。
n.疾病;生病;不健康
- I am sorry to hear of your serious illness.得知你重病,我很难过。
- His illness has taken a turn for the better.他的病有了好转。
adj.远的;休假的,空闲的;adv.走开,出发,隔断;prep.离开,脱落,在...之外
- You'd better cool off first.你最好先冷静下来。
- I need some time off.我需要一些时间休息。
adj.完成的,精湛的;v.动词finish的过去式和过去分词
- We finished up everything there was on the table. 我们把桌上的东西全吃完了。
- We can certainly have the job finished on time.我们肯定能按时完成任务。
v.能,可能(can的过去式);aux.v.(can的过去式)能;可以
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
n.订单;命令;n.顺序,整齐;勋章;阶级,决议;vt.命令; 调整;定购
- His desk is always in order.他的书桌上总是整整齐齐的。
- You pay for it at the time you order it.订购时就得付款。
标签:
技巧