文秘英语 Receiving Visitors 接待来宾
Key Sentences(重点句子)
109.I'd like to see the manager.
我想见一见经理。
110.Here's my card.
这是我的名片。
111.Do you have an appointment?
请问您预约了吗?
112.Is it possible for him to see me now?
他现在能见我吗?
113.I'm afraid Mr. Liu is engaged 1 at the moment.
恐怕刘先生现在很忙。
114.Would you mind waiting?
您愿意等一会儿吗?
115.I can't wait that long.
我不能等那么久。
116.I have another appointment at ten.
我十点钟还有别的约会。
117.Can the Assistant Manager meet you instead?
能否让副经理见见您?
118.I doubt if anyone else would know about the matter.
恐怕其他人不了解此事。
119.I suppose that's the best thing I can do now.
这是我现在认为最好的办法了。
120.I'll make a note of that and ask Mr. Liu to confirm 2.
我先记下来,再让刘先生来确定吧。
121.I'm sorry about the confusion 3, but I'll see you on Thursday.
对不起,给你添麻烦了。咱们周四见吧。
122.Is this Mr. Brown's office?
这是布朗先生的办公室吗?
123.Can I be of any assistance 4?
能替您效劳吗?
124.I have an appointment with Mr. Brown at 10 o'clock.
我和布朗先生约好了十点钟见面。
125.Would you please take a seat, Mr. Black?
布莱克先生,请坐一会儿好吗?
126.I'll tell Mr. Brown you are here.
我会通知布朗先生您来了。
127.Mr. Black is here for his 10 o'clock appointment.
布莱克先生来赴十点钟的约会。
128.Mr. Brown will come down to see you in a minute, Mr. Black.
布朗先生马上就下来见您。
129.I was delayed 5 by the traffic jam.
交通堵塞耽搁了时间。
130.Would you please go up to his office?
请您去他的办公室好吗?
131.Mr. Smith is expecting you.
史密斯先生正在等您。
132.Would you please sign the visitor's book?
请在来客簿上签个名好吗?
Dialogue A( A: the secretary; B: Mr. Martin)A: Good morning, sir. Can I help you?
B: Yes, I'd like to see the manager. Here's my card.
A: Thank you. Mr. Martin. Do you have an appointment?
B: No, I'm afraid I don't. Is it possible for him to see me now?
A: I'm afraid Mr. Liu is engaged at the moment. Would you mind waiting?
B: Well, how long will it be?
A: About half an hour.
B: That's too bad. I can't wait that long. I have another appointment at ten.
A: Can the Assistant Manager meet you instead?
B: No, I have discussed the details about sales of our new equipment with him on the telephone yesterday. I doubt if anyone else would know about the matter.
A: Do you want to make another appointment?
B: Yes, I suppose that' s the best thing I can do now. I'll be here on Thursday morning, 10 o'clock. Is that all right?
A: Yes, I'll make a note of that and ask Mr. Liu to confirm.
B: Thank you.
A: I'm sorry about the confusion, but I'll see you on Thursday.
B: See you.
Dialogue B(A: Mr. Blake; B: Mr. Brown's secretary)A: Good morning. Is this Mr. Brown's office?
B: Yes, that's right. Can I be of any assistance?
A: I have an appointment with Mr. Brown at 10 o'clock.
B: What name is it, please?
A: Blake, John Blake.
B: Just a moment. Let me see… Oh, yes, Mr. Blake of International Trade Corporation 6. Would you please take a seat, Mr. Blake? I'll tell Mr. Brown you are here.
A: Thank you.
B: (To Mr. Brown on his extension) Hello, Mr. Brown, Mr. Blake is here for his 10 o'clock appointment… OK. (to Mr. Blake) Mr. Brown will come down to see you in a minute, Mr. Blake.
A: Thank you very much.
B: You're welcome.
Dialogue CA: Good morning. My appointment with Mr. Smith is at 9 o' clock. I'm sorry I'm a little late. I was delayed by the traffic jam.
B: That's all right. Would you please go up to his office? It's Room No. 8 on the Sixth floor. Mr. Smith is expecting you.
A: Room 8, Sixth floor.
B: Yes. The elevator is over there. By the way, would you please sign the visitor's book?
A: Yes, of course.
- They are engaged in talks with the Irish government. 他们正忙着与爱尔兰政府谈判。
- The old lady engaged herself in making clothes for her children. 这位老太太忙着为孩子们做衣服。
- I'll call you back to confirm.我会给你回电话确认的。
- I need to confirm my reservation on the next flight.我要确认我预订的下一个航班。
- His answers to my questions have only added to my confusion.他对我的问题的回答只是使我更加困惑不解。
- His unexpected arrival threw us into total confusion.他的突然来访使我们完全不知所措。
- She called and called but no one came to her assistance.她叫了又叫,但没有人来帮。
- He will get the great possible assistance.他将获得尽可能大的帮助。
- Deliveries of mail could be delayed because of cost-cutting. 由于削减成本,邮件的递送可能会延迟。
- The most likely explanation is that his plane was delayed. 最可能的解释是他的飞机晚点了。
- The company has gone into partnership with Swiss Bank Corporation. 这家公司已经和瑞士银行公司建立合作关系。
- The inflation did the corporation up. 通货膨胀使这个公司破产了。