公众人物毕业演讲第176期:桑德伯格2012哈佛商学院(1)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
Please join me and welcome Sheryl Sandberg
请和我一起欢迎谢丽尔·桑德伯格
Thank you, thank you Catherine
谢谢 谢谢你 凯瑟琳
It's an honor to be here today
今天很荣幸来到这里
to address HBS's distinguished 1 faculty 2
为尊敬的哈佛商学院的教员
proud parents, patient guests
自豪的毕业生家长和耐心的来宾们
and most importantly, the class of 2012
尤其是为今年的毕业生们演讲
Today was supposed to be a day of unbridled celebration
今天原本应该是狂欢的日子
and I know that's no longer true
不过我知道现在并不合适了
I join all of you in grieving for your classmate Nate
让我们一起为Nate同学表示哀悼
I know there are no words that makes something like this better
当然任何言语在这样的悲剧前都苍白无力
Although laden 3 with sadness
尽管有悲伤萦绕在大家心头
today still marks a distinct and impressive achievement for this class
今天仍然象征着你们取得的杰出成绩
So please everyone join me
所以让我们一起
in giving our warmest congratulations to this class of 2012
为12届的毕业生们献上最热烈的祝贺
When the wonderful Dean Nohria invited me to speak here today
当尊敬的院长Nohria邀请我今天来做演讲时
I thought, come talk to a group of people
我想 来给一群
way younger and cooler than I am?
远比我年轻比我有活力的人们演讲
I can do that
我没问题
I do that every day at Facebook
这正是我每天在Facebook做的事情
I like being surrounded by young people
我喜欢和年轻人在一起
except when they say to me
除了当他们问我
What was it like being in college without the internet?
没有互联网的大学是怎样的?
or worse
或者更夸张
Sheryl, can you come here?
谢丽尔 你能过来下么?
We need to see
我们想知道
what old people think of this feature
老人会对这个新功能怎么看 这类问题
It's not joking
我不是在开玩笑
It's a special privilege for me to be here this month
能够在毕业季来到这里 我觉得很荣幸
When I was a student here 17 years ago
17年前当我是哈佛的学生时
I studied social marketing with Professor Kash Rangan
我上了Kash Rangan教授的 社交化营销
adj.卓越的,杰出的,著名的
- Elephants are distinguished from other animals by their long noses.大象以其长长的鼻子显示出与其他动物的不同。
- A banquet was given in honor of the distinguished guests.宴会是为了向贵宾们致敬而举行的。
n.才能;学院,系;(学院或系的)全体教学人员
- He has a great faculty for learning foreign languages.他有学习外语的天赋。
- He has the faculty of saying the right thing at the right time.他有在恰当的时候说恰当的话的才智。