公众人物毕业演讲 第181期:桑德伯格2012哈佛商学院(6)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
Mine moved quickly
我的世界变化很快
yours moves even more quickly
你的世界变化更快
As traditional structures are breaking down
在这个传统结构正被打破的时代
leadership has to evolve as well
领导班子也需要演变
from hierarchy 1 to shared responsibility
从设立阶层到责任共享
from command and control to listening and guiding
从命令与控制到聆听和引导
You've been trained by this great institution
你在HBS这个伟大的学院学习
not just to be part of these trends
不仅是为了能够跟上浪潮
but to lead
更重要的是能去引领潮流
As you lead in this new world
当你在这个新世界里乘风破浪时
you will not be able to rely on who you are or the degree you hold
你能依靠的不是你是谁 也不是你的学位
You'll have to rely on what you know
你要依靠的是你的知识
Your strength will not come from your place on some org chart
你的力量不会源自你在公司的位置
your strength will come from building trust and earning respect
而来自于建立信任 获得尊敬
You're going to need talent, skill, and imagination and vision
你会需要天赋 技能 想象力和视野
But more than anything else
不过最最重要的是
you're going to need the ability to communicate authentically 2
具有真诚沟通的能力
to speak so that you inspire the people around you
既能鼓舞你身边的人
and to listen
又能聆听他们的建议
so that you continue to learn each and every day on the job
在每一天的工作中不断学习进步
If you watch young children
如果你留意小孩
you'll immediately notice how honest they are
你会立刻发现他们是多么的诚实
My friend Betsy from my section
我的一个HBS小组里的朋友Betsy
a few years after business school was pregnant 3 with her second child
在毕业后几年怀上了第二个孩子
And her first child, Sam, was about five
她的第一个小孩 Sam 那时大概五岁
and he looked around and said,
Sam环视了下她问
Mommy, where is the baby?
妈妈 小宝宝在哪里啊?
She said, The baby is in my tummy
她说 小宝宝在我肚子里
He said, Really?
他说 真的么?
Aren't the baby's arms in your arms?
难道小宝宝的手不在你的手里?
She said, No, the baby's in my tummy
她说 不 小宝宝在我肚子里
Really? Are the baby's legs in your legs?
真的?小宝宝的腿不在你腿里?
No, the whole baby is in my tummy
不 整个宝宝都在我肚子里啊
And he said, Mommy
然后她说 妈妈
what is growing in your butt 4?
为什么你的屁股越来越大?
n.等级制度;统治集团,领导层
- There is a rigid hierarchy of power in that country.那个国家有一套严密的权力等级制度。
- She's high up in the management hierarchy.她在管理阶层中地位很高。
ad.sincerely真诚地
- Gina: And we should give him something 2 authentically Taiwanese. 吉娜:而且我们应该送他有纯正台湾味的东西。
- A loser is one who fails to correspond authentically. 失败者则指那些未能做到诚实可靠的人。