公众人物毕业演讲第188期:桑德伯格2012哈佛商学院(13)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
We need more women not just to sit at the table
我们需要更多的女性不仅仅坐在会议桌旁
but as President Obama said
而且要像奥巴马总统
a few weeks ago at Barnard
几周前在Barnard学校说的那样
to take their rightful seats at the head of the table
去光明正大地坐到主座上去
One of the reasons I was so excited to be here today
我今天来这里十分激动的另一个原因是
is that Dean 1 Nohria told me that
院长Nohria告诉我
this year is the 50th anniversary 2 of letting women into this class
今年是HBS开始招收女生50周年
Your Dean is so passionate 3
你们的院长
about getting more women into leadership positions
对让更多的女性进入领导岗位很执着
And he told me that he wanted me
他告诉我这就是
to speak this year for that reason
他请我来做今年的演讲者的原因
I met a woman from that first class once
有一次我遇到了那届的一位女生
She told me that when they first came in, the first class of women
她告诉我当第一届女生入学时
They took a men's room and converted 4 it to a woman's room
学校把一个男生洗手间改成了女生洗手间
made sense
没错吧
But they left the urinals in
但是他们留下了小便池
She thought the message was super clear
她认为这里的信息很明确
we are not sure this whole girl thing is going to work out
我们不确定 让女生来上学的事是不是靠谱
and if the case doesn't
万一后来黄了
we don't want to have to reinstall the urinals
我们也不必重新安装小便池
The urinals are long gone
现在这些小便池当然早就不在了
Let's make sure that no one ever misses them
让我们确保没人会想念它们
As you and your classmates spread out across the globe
当你和你的同学们即将走向世界各地
and walk across this stage tomorrow
当你们明天走出校园
I wish for you four things:
我对你们有四个期望
First, keep in touch via Facebook
第一 通过Facebook保持联系
This is critical to your future success!
这对于你们未来的成功而言很关键
And we're public now
另外 我们现在是上市公司了
so can you click on an ad or two
所以当你上Facebook的时候
while you are there
请点击一两个广告吧
Two, that you make the effort to speak as well as seek the truth
第二 努力说真话 求真知
Three, that you remain true to and open about your authentic self
第三 保持你的真我 用你的真我待人
And four, most deeply
第四 最由衷的一点
that your generation accomplishes what mine has failed to do
让你们这代来实现我们这代没有做到的
Give us a world where half our homes
让我们创造一个
are run by men and half our institutions are run by women
男女在家庭和工作都各撑半边天的世界
I'm pretty sure that would be a better world
我敢保证这会是个更美好的世界
I join everyone here in offering my most sincere congratulations
让我们一起向2012年的毕业生们
to the the Class of 2012
献上最真挚的祝贺
With your authentic self
和你们的真我一起
give yourselves a huge round of applause
给你们自己一轮热烈的掌声吧
n.(大学)院长,系主任,教务长
- The students much like the new dean.学生们很喜欢这位新系主任。
- Who is the dean of the Foreign Languages Department?外语系主任是谁?
n.周年(纪念日)
- They celebrate their wedding anniversary annually.他们每年庆祝一番结婚纪念日。
- Today is my parents'30th wedding anniversary.今天是我父母结婚30周年纪念日。
adj.热情的,热烈的,激昂的,易动情的,易怒的,性情暴躁的
- He is said to be the most passionate man.据说他是最有激情的人。
- He is very passionate about the project.他对那个项目非常热心。