公众人物毕业演讲 第223期:马克·贝尼奥夫南加大2014毕业典礼演讲(9)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
I just was in India and here in this room我刚从印度回来
Oh my gee 1, and now I'm in
而现在我回到国内
Philadelphia hearing from Colin Powell the same message在费城又听到科林·鲍威尔讲相同的理念
And I said to myself I think I'm getting it here我心想 我算是找到自己追求的东西了
I think I'm understanding what is coming through me我认为我理解了 我将经历一些什么
and so I'll tell you what I went back to Oracle 2猜猜发生了什么 我回到甲骨文
and I talked to my boss, the CEO there
我同我的老板讲
and I said you know, we've got to create a foundation 3我们应当建一个基金会
we've got to do all these things that General Powell said我们应当按照鲍威尔将军说的做
and he said, you're right and we're going to do it老板说 你很对 就这么办吧
And all of a sudden I found myself
突然间 一切就这样达成了
in the day, morning time
在白天 早上
putting computers in schools, wiring them将电脑运往学校 建立连接
and training teachers and working with kids并对老师和学生进行培训
and then afternoon I was building products and building market and building technology而在下午 则是创造产品 创造市场 创造科技
and it was awesome 4
这很棒
And I said I think this is what I want to do我心想 这就是我想做的
I kind of have both things going on, this is exciting两者同时进行 这很令人兴奋
And then I got a call from General Powell, and General Powell said Marc然后鲍威尔将军给我打了一个电话 他说 马克
I just adopted MacFarland Middle School in Washington DC我刚认领了华盛顿的麦克法兰中学
You need to go put those computers in there你给我弄点电脑过来
and I said, yes sir General, I'll get it done我回答说 是 将军阁下 我定会完成任务
And I took my three top engineers
我于是分派了手下三名最得力的工程师
led by Jim Cavalieri and 100 computers
由吉姆·卡瓦列里领导 带着一百台电脑
set them all out there
赶往学校
and they were ready and it was a hot day out there in Washington DC when they arrived他们到了学校 当时华盛顿的天气很炎热
hot like this, may be hotter
就像今天这样 或许更热
Think, they said it was about 110 degrees out他们说外面有大约110华氏度
And they had to bring those computers up three flights of stairs电脑需要步行运上三楼
and we called our local office to make sure我们打电话给当地办事处
that our employees were there to help them. We have a big office要求我们的员工去帮他们
in Bethesda Maryland
我们在马里兰贝塞斯达有一个大办事处
n.马;int.向右!前进!,惊讶时所发声音;v.向右转
- Their success last week will gee the team up.上星期的胜利将激励这支队伍继续前进。
- Gee,We're going to make a lot of money.哇!我们会赚好多钱啦!
n.神谕,神谕处,预言
- In times of difficulty,she pray for an oracle to guide her.在困难的时候,她祈祷神谕来指引她。
- It is a kind of oracle that often foretells things most important.它是一种内生性神谕,常常能预言最重要的事情。
n.[pl.]地基;基础;基金会;建立,创办
- The foundation of the university took place 600 years ago.这所大学是600年前创办的。
- The Foundation gives money to help artists.那家基金会捐款帮助艺术家。