公众人物毕业演讲 第225期:马克·贝尼奥夫南加大2014毕业典礼演讲(11)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
I leaned something that day
那天 我得到了一些教训
and what I learned is if you are going to connect your business and your philanthropy我认识到 如果你要将经营和慈善结合起来
you better make sure that is integrated deep into your culture你要确保慈善深深融入到企业文化中
that it's not just something that you're going to tack 1 on慈善不能机械地加到经营上
but you're going to build an integrated business, you're going to build an integrated life你要将两者融为一体 形成有机的整体
you're going to get these things to work deeply together让两者能够深深地兼容
and you can do it
这是可以做到的
And when I started my company salesforce.com in 19991999年我创建了自己的公司 salesforce.com
I decided 2 to do three things
我打算做三件事
One, a radically 3 new technology model called cloud computing 4一 建立一个全新的技术模式 叫云计算
Two, a radically new business model
二 建立一个全新的经营模式
which was subscription 5 services for software也就是针对软件的订阅服务
And three, a radically new philanthropy model三 建立一个全新的慈善模式
At that day we started the company, we put 1% of our equity 6创建公司的那天 我们将1%的股权
1% of our profit and 1% of all of our employees time charity1%的利润和所有员工1%的时间
into a 501(c)(3) public charity
用于一家501(c)(3)慈善机构
It was very easy
这很简单
We had no products
我们没有产品
We had no equity. We had no people
我们没有股本 我们没有员工
That was an easy decision
这个决定很好做
But today salesforce.com is doing great
不过如今 salesforce.com做得很好
with more than 13,000 employees
我们有超过1.3万名员工
we'll do more than $5 billion in revenue this year, we're今年的年收入将超过50亿美元
heading into the Fortune 500, the top 500 companies in the world我们即将跻身全世界财富500强公司的行列
we are Fortune Magazine's most admired software company for 2014我们是财富杂志2014年度最令人钦佩的软件公司we are Forbes' most innovative 7 company in the world for three years in a row我们连续三年被福布斯评为全世界最具创新性的公司and we are Fortune Magazine's best place to work number seven this year in the world我们还在财富杂志今年的最佳雇主排行榜中名列世界第七Thank you
谢谢大家
Thank you
谢谢大家
And if you're looking for a job, graduates, ceo@salesforce.com想找工作的毕业生 可以发邮件到ceo@salesforce.comThat's my email address
这是我的电子邮箱
n.大头钉;假缝,粗缝
- He is hammering a tack into the wall to hang a picture.他正往墙上钉一枚平头钉用来挂画。
- We are going to tack the map on the wall.我们打算把这张地图钉在墙上。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
ad.根本地,本质地
- I think we may have to rethink our policies fairly radically. 我认为我们可能要对我们的政策进行根本的反思。
- The health service must be radically reformed. 公共医疗卫生服务必须进行彻底改革。
n.计算
- to work in computing 从事信息处理
- Back in the dark ages of computing, in about 1980, they started a software company. 早在计算机尚未普及的时代(约1980年),他们就创办了软件公司。
n.预订,预订费,亲笔签名,调配法,下标(处方)
- We paid a subscription of 5 pounds yearly.我们按年度缴纳5英镑的订阅费。
- Subscription selling bloomed splendidly.订阅销售量激增。
n.公正,公平,(无固定利息的)股票
- They shared the work of the house with equity.他们公平地分担家务。
- To capture his equity,Murphy must either sell or refinance.要获得资产净值,墨菲必须出售或者重新融资。
adj.革新的,新颖的,富有革新精神的
- Discover an innovative way of marketing.发现一个创新的营销方式。
- He was one of the most creative and innovative engineers of his generation.他是他那代人当中最富创造性与革新精神的工程师之一。