奥巴马改变美国命运的十句话
英语课
We are the change we are seeking。
我们就是我们正在寻找的变化!
We are the ones we have been waiting for。
我们就是我们一直在等待的救世主!
The world has changed, and we must change with it。
世界已经变了,我们必须同时改变。
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin the work of remaking America。
从今天开始,让 我们团结一致,振作精神,开始重塑美国。
This union may never be perfect, but generation after generation has shown that it can always be perfected。
我们的国家也许从来就不完美,但一代又一代人已经证明我们的国家可以不断被改善。
It took a lot ofblood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest 1 the work of making sure that the worldwe leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit 2 today。
我们的今天是多少血汗、 泪水换来的,但路才刚刚开始。今天,我们做出诚挚的努力,确保留给孩子们的世界,比现在的再好一点点。
We need to steerclear of this poverty of ambition, where people want to drive fancycars and wear nice clothes and live in nice apartments but don't want to work hard to accomplish these things. Everyone should try to realize their full potential。
我们需要避 免梦想的匮乏,人们总是希望开好车,穿好衣服,住好房子,却不愿为之付出艰辛。每个人都应该尽量发掘自身潜力。
We remain the most prosperous 3, powerful nation on Earth。
我们仍然是这个地球上最繁荣、最强大的国家。
If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress。
如果 你走的道路正确,也愿意坚持走下去,最终你会成功!
We are ready to lead once more。
我们有信心 再次领导世界。
n.定金,诚挚,认真;adj.认真的,热心的,重要的
- The words were earnest but they fell on deaf ears.言者谆谆,听者藐藐。
- Her earnest manner arrested me.她那种热忱的态度引起了我的注意。
vt.居住于,(动物)栖居于
- Thoughts inhabit his mind.各种思想占据了他的心灵。
- Wild tribes still inhabit part of the Philippines.菲律宾部分地区仍然居住着一些原始部落。
adj.兴旺的,繁荣的;成功的
- This district is getting more and more prosperous and bustling.这一带越来越繁华了。
- The country is prosperous and the people live in peace.国泰民安。