今天我选择Today, I Choose
英语课
今天我选择 Today, I Choose...
导读:
就是现在,我必须作出抉择。我可以自由抉择,因此我选择爱......我选择欢乐......我选择和平......我选择耐心......我选择温和......我将用这些选择来充实我的一天。
It's quiet. It's early.
万籁寂静,一切还早。
The sky is still black. The world is still asleep.
天空仍漆黑一片,整个世界还在沉睡。
In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. The calm of solitude 1 will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race.
再过几分钟,白昼即将来临。它将与初升的太阳一起带我们进入新的一天。黎明的寂静将会被喧闹的白昼取代。而独处的宁静也会被人们急促的步伐而代替。
The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.
清晨的避难所也因一切要做的决定和一切要完成的任务而受到干扰。
For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is now that I must make a choice. I'm free to choose, and so I choose...
在未来的12个小时里,我将会有所作为。就是现在,我必须作出抉择。我可以自由抉择,因此我选择......
I choose love ..
我选择爱......
No occasion justifies 2 hatred 3;
我们没有理由去仇恨;
No injustice 4 warrants bitterness.
也没有理由去从恶。
I choose joy ...
我选择欢乐......
I will refuse the temptation to be cynical 5... the tool of the lazy thinker.
我要拒绝愤世嫉俗的生活态度,这其实是一种懒人哲学。
I choose peace ...
我选择和平......
I will live forgiven.
我要去释怀。
I will forgive so that I may live.
因为有了释怀,我会活得更充实。
I choose patience ...
我选择耐心......
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.
我将远眺这世界的无奈。
Instead of clenching 6 my fist at new assignments,
不是紧握拳头痛苦地对待新的挑战,
I will face them with joy and courage.
而是用欢乐和勇气应付困难。
I choose gentleness ..
我选择温和......
Nothing is won by force.
武力并不能带来最终的胜利。
I choose to be gentle.
我选择温和的作风。
Love, joy, peace, patience and gentleness,to these I commit my day.
爱,欢乐,和平,耐心和温和,我将用它们来充实我的一天。
n. 孤独; 独居,荒僻之地,幽静的地方
- People need a chance to reflect on spiritual matters in solitude. 人们需要独处的机会来反思精神上的事情。
- They searched for a place where they could live in solitude. 他们寻找一个可以过隐居生活的地方。
证明…有理( justify的第三人称单数 ); 为…辩护; 对…作出解释; 为…辩解(或辩护)
- Their frequency of use both justifies and requires the memorization. 频繁的使用需要记忆,也促进了记忆。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- In my judgement the present end justifies the means. 照我的意见,只要目的正当,手段是可以不计较的。
n.憎恶,憎恨,仇恨
- He looked at me with hatred in his eyes.他以憎恨的眼光望着我。
- The old man was seized with burning hatred for the fascists.老人对法西斯主义者充满了仇恨。
n.非正义,不公正,不公平,侵犯(别人的)权利
- They complained of injustice in the way they had been treated.他们抱怨受到不公平的对待。
- All his life he has been struggling against injustice.他一生都在与不公正现象作斗争。
adj.(对人性或动机)怀疑的,不信世道向善的
- The enormous difficulty makes him cynical about the feasibility of the idea.由于困难很大,他对这个主意是否可行持怀疑态度。
- He was cynical that any good could come of democracy.他不相信民主会带来什么好处。
标签:
诗歌