“不知道”只会I don't know?这些比它高级100倍!
英语课
很多人英语已经不错了,但总感觉不是很地道。碰到不会回答的问题,还是条件反射地回答“I don't know.”虽然英语贵在简洁,但和老外交流只会一种说法,让人感觉很boring...今天,一起来看看哪些花式说法让你英语up,up,让老外也给你点赞!
除了I don't know,「不知道」还能怎么说?
1. I have no idea/clue. 我不清楚。
2. I can't help you there. 这个,我真帮不了。
3. Beats me. 这真问倒我了(非正式)。
4. I'm not really sure. 我真不太了解。
5. I've been wondering that, too. 我也疑惑呢。
职场宫心计,很多时候全靠猜测。那么,猜测的各种说法,如何表达呢?
工作中,如何表示个人猜测?
1. If I had to take a guess, I'd say she's about 35 years old.
要我猜的话,她估计35岁左右。
2. It's difficult to say, but I think our customers are more satisfied.
这很难说,但我觉得我们的客户更满意。
3. Off the top of my head, I'd say the company has 500 employees.
我大概估算下,这家公司有500名员工。(Off the top of my head: 没有仔细查数据,不假思索)
4. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter asks Mary to quit the job.
如果Peter让Mary辞职的话,我一点也不吃惊。
5. There's a good chance the company will go bankrupt.
这家公司很可能会倒闭。
6. I have a feeling/hunch the boss won't be happy about this.
我有种感觉老板对此不太高兴。(hunch = an instinctive 1 feeling)
7. I bet he'll be late.
我敢打赌他会迟到。
8. Your guess is as good as mine.
猜测总归是猜测 (= I don't know)
工作中很多时候需要做决策,英语中关于“决策”有哪些说法呢?
工作中,如何谈做决策?
1. I'm debating between option A and option B.
我还在选项A和选项B之间犹豫不决。
2. I can't make up my mind.
我下不定主意。
3. I'm on the fence.
我现在左右为难。(= I’m in the middle, I don’t know what to decide)
4. I'll take that into consideration.
我会考虑那个的。
5. I'm having second thoughts.
我再重新考虑看看。(= I'm reconsidering my decision)
6. He convinced/persuaded me to quit the job.
他劝我辞职的。
7. Looking back, I know it was the right decision.
往回看,我知道那是正确的决策。
8. It's up to you.
(= You can decide) 由你来做主。
疲惫是工作的常态,没有一份工作不费心力,“累了”要怎么说呢?
如何表达“我累了”……
1. I'm exhausted 2.
我真是筋疲力尽了。
2. I'm dead tired.
我累死了。
3. I'm pooped.
我累趴下了。
4. I'm spent.
我没劲了。
5. I'm beat.
我累趴了。
6. I'm running on fumes 3. / I'm running on empty.
我真的没劲了。
7. I can hardly keep my eyes open.
我眼睛都睁不开了。
8. I'm gonna hit the sack.
我要睡觉了。(hit the sack = go to bed)
职场上,称职的主管都知道士气有多重要,那么如何给别人打气呢?
职场中,如何鼓励同事?
1. Keep up the good work!
做得很好,继续努力。
2. That was a nice try.
这个尝试不错。(别人努力但失败之后,给予对方这样的鼓励。)
3. That's a real improvement.
这个进步真大。
4. You're on the right track.
这就对了。
5. You've almost got it.
你已经差不多想到了。
6. You're doing great.
你做得很棒。
7. Don't give up! / Hang in there!
别放弃,坚持下去。
8. Give it your best shot.
你要全力以赴。(best shot = best try, best effort)
9. Nice job! / You did great!
做得好!
如何说记不清事情了?
1. If I remember correctly… / As far as I can recall…
如果我没记错的话……
2. I have a vague recollection of…
我模糊记得……
3. It's on the tip of my tongue.
话就在我嘴边,就是想不起来。
4. My mind went blank.
我的脑子一片空白。
5. It doesn't ring a bell.
我实在没什么印象了。
6. Please remember to…
请记住……
7. I'd like to remind you about…
我想提醒你……
工作中,不经意间可能冒犯了别人,那么关于“生气”有哪些说法呢?
职场冒犯了别人,怎么表达?
1. They got off on the wrong foot.
他们一开始就互不对头。 (got off on the wrong foot= when they first met, they didn't get along)
2. She took offense 4 at his comment.
听到他的评论,她立刻火了。
3. He has a chip on his shoulder.
他总是愤愤不平。(= he is easily offended)
4. She got bent 5 out of shape.
她气疯了。
5. He left in a huff.
他怒气匆匆地走了。(in a huff:气冲冲)
6. He has a short fuse.
他很容易生气。 (a short fuse= he gets angry easily)
7. She dissed her colleagues.
她羞辱了同事。 (= she insulted/disrespected her colleagues)
8. He got his nose out of joint 6.
他鼻子都气歪了。(out of joint:错位,脱臼)
adj.(出于)本能的;直觉的;(出于)天性的
- He tried to conceal his instinctive revulsion at the idea.他试图饰盖自己对这一想法本能的厌恶。
- Animals have an instinctive fear of fire.动物本能地怕火。
adj.极其疲惫的,精疲力尽的
- It was a long haul home and we arrived exhausted.搬运回家的这段路程特别长,到家时我们已筋疲力尽。
- Jenny was exhausted by the hustle of city life.珍妮被城市生活的忙乱弄得筋疲力尽。
n.(强烈而刺激的)气味,气体
- The health of our children is being endangered by exhaust fumes. 我们孩子们的健康正受到排放出的废气的损害。
- Exhaust fumes are bad for your health. 废气对健康有害。
n.犯规,违法行为;冒犯,得罪
- I hope you will not take any offense at my words. 对我讲的话请别见怪。
- His words gave great offense to everybody present.他的发言冲犯了在场的所有人。
n.爱好,癖好;adj.弯的;决心的,一心的
- He was fully bent upon the project.他一心扑在这项计划上。
- We bent over backward to help them.我们尽了最大努力帮助他们。
标签:
口语