动物农场 Animal Farm 第1章(5)
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:动物农场 Animal Farm
英语课
Even the horses and the dogs have no better fate.
就是马和狗的命运也好不了多少。
You, Boxer 1, the very day that those great muscles of yours lose their power, Jones will sell you to the knacker, who will cut your throat and boil you down for the foxhounds.
你,鲍克瑟,有朝一日你那强健的肌肉失去了力气,琼斯就会把你卖给屠马商,屠马商会割断你的喉咙,把你煮了给猎狗吃。
As for the dogs, when they grow old and toothless, Jones ties a brick round their necks and drowns them in the nearest pond.
而狗呢,等他们老了,牙也掉光了,琼斯就会就近找个池塘,弄块砖头拴再他们的脖子上,把他们沉到水底。
"Is it not crystal clear, then, comrades, that all the evils of this life of ours spring from the tyranny of human beings?
“那么,同志们,我们这种生活的祸根来自暴虐的人类,这一点难道不是一清二楚的吗?
Only get rid of Man, and the produce of our labour would be our own.
只要驱除了人,我们的劳动所得就会全归我们自己。
Almost overnight we could become rich and free.
而且几乎在一夜之间,我们就会变得富裕而自由。
What then must we do?
那么我们应该为此做些什么呢?
Why, work night and day, body and soul, for the overthrow 2 of the human race!
为什么我们要全力以赴,不分昼夜地奋斗,就是为了消除人类!
That is my message to you, comrades: Rebellion!
同志们,我要告诉你们的就是这个:造反!
I do not know when that Rebellion will come, it might be in a week or in a hundred years,
我也不知道造反会在何时发生,或许近在一周之内,或许远在百年之后。
but I know, as surely as I see this straw beneath my feet, that sooner or later justice will be done.
但我确信,就象看到我蹄子底下的稻草一样确凿无疑,总有一天,正义要申张。
Fix your eyes on that, comrades, throughout the short remainder of your lives!
同志们,在你们整个短暂的余生中,不要偏离这个目标!
And above all, pass on this message of mine to those who come after you, so that future generations shall carry on the struggle until it is victorious 3.
尤其是,把我说的福音传给你们的后代,这样,未来的一代一代动物就会继续这一斗争,直到取得最后胜利。
"And remember, comrades, your resolution must never falter 4. No argument must lead you astray.
“记住,同志们,你们的誓愿决不可动摇,你们决不要让任何甜言蜜语把你们引入歧途。
Never listen when they tell you that Man and the animals have a common interest, that the prosperity of the one is the prosperity of the others. It is all lies.
当他们告诉你们什么人与动物有着共同利益,什么一方的兴衰就是另一方的兴衰,千万不要听信那种话,那全是彻头彻尾的谎言。
n.制箱者,拳击手
- The boxer gave his opponent a punch on the nose.这个拳击手朝他对手的鼻子上猛击一拳。
- He moved lightly on his toes like a boxer.他像拳击手一样踮着脚轻盈移动。
v.推翻,打倒,颠覆;n.推翻,瓦解,颠覆
- After the overthrow of the government,the country was in chaos.政府被推翻后,这个国家处于混乱中。
- The overthrow of his plans left him much discouraged.他的计划的失败使得他很气馁。
adj.胜利的,得胜的
- We are certain to be victorious.我们定会胜利。
- The victorious army returned in triumph.获胜的部队凯旋而归。