奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁继承9.11曾经失去的财富(03)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:奥巴马每周电视讲话
In the face of terrorism, how we respond matters.
面对恐怖主义,我们有办法应对。
We cannot give in to those who would divide us.
我们不能屈服于图谋分裂我们的人。
We cannot react in ways that erode 1 the fabric 2 of our society.
我们不能以腐蚀我们社会组织的方式行动。
Because it's our diversity, our welcoming of all talent, our treating of everybody fairly— no matter their race, gender 3, ethnicity, or faith
由于我们的多元化、广纳贤才、公平对待每个人,而无论其种族、性别、民族或信仰,
that's part of what makes our country great.
这些才使我们的国家如此的伟大。
It's what makes us resilient.
这使我们坚韧不拔。
And if we stay true to those values, we'll uphold the legacy 4 of those we've lost, and keep our nation strong and free.
如果我们忠于这些价值观,继承我们曾经失去的财富,美国就能保持强大和自由。
God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.
上帝祝福你,上帝保佑美利坚合众国。
- Once exposed,soil is quickly eroded by wind and rain.一旦暴露在外,土壤很快就会被风雨侵蚀。
- Competition in the financial marketplace has eroded profits.金融市场的竞争降低了利润。
- The fabric will spot easily.这种织品很容易玷污。
- I don't like the pattern on the fabric.我不喜欢那块布料上的图案。
- French differs from English in having gender for all nouns.法语不同于英语,所有的名词都有性。
- Women are sometimes denied opportunities solely because of their gender.妇女有时仅仅因为性别而无法获得种种机会。