奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统庆贺国家公园管理局设立100 周年(01)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:奥巴马每周电视讲话
Hi everybody. Earlier this summer, Michelle, Malia, Sasha and I headed west—to the national parks at Carlsbad Caverns 1 and Yosemite.
嗨,大家。今年夏初,米歇尔、马利亚、莎莎和我去了西部的卡尔斯巴德洞窟国家公园和优诗美地国家公园。
And I've got to say, it was a breath of fresh air.
我得说,这是呼吸新鲜的空气的地方。
We explored hundreds of feet underground, standing 2 beneath dripping stalactites in New Mexico.
我们在新墨西哥州探访地下几百英尺,站在滴水的钟乳石下。
We hiked up a misty 3 trail next to a waterfall in California. And I even took a few pictures of my own –which I thought were pretty good?
我们沿着云蒸雾绕的小路爬上加利福尼亚瀑布上端。我还给自己拍了几张照片,还不错吧?
But the truth is, no camera – especially one with me behind it – can fully 4 capture the beauty and majesty 5 of America's national parks.
而实际上任何相机,尤其我面前那部相机,都不可能完整摄入国家公园美妙与珍贵。
From Glacier 6 and Denali to Gettysburg and Seneca Falls, our more than 400 parks and other sites capture our history and our sense of wonder.
从冰川国家公园和德纳里峰到葛底斯堡和塞尼卡瀑布,我国400 多个公园和其它遗址承载着历史并吸引我们探究其奥妙。
As FDR once said: “There is nothing so American as our national parks…the fundamental idea behind the parks… is that the country belongs to the people.”
罗斯福曾说:“没有什么比这些国家公园更有美国风范,国家公园的基本意义就是国家属于人民。”
This month, we're celebrating the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.
本月,我们庆贺国家公园管理局设立100 周年。
And I want to encourage all of you to “Find Your Park” so that you and your family can experience these sacred places, too.
我想鼓励大家去“发掘你的公园”,让你和你的家人也可以体验这些神圣的地方。
If you're a military family, you can even get in free through Michelle and Jill Biden's Joining Forces initiative.
如果是军人家庭,你甚至可以通过米歇尔和吉尔?拜登的“联合行动倡议”获得免费机会。
And if you've got a fourth grader in your family, you can get a free pass, too, by going to EveryKidInAPark.org.
如果你的家庭有四年级学生, 通过访问EveryKidInAPark.org 网站也能得到一张免费通行证。
I hope you do. Because all across the country, the National Park Service is preparing for a big year.
我希望你的行动。因为全国所有国家公园都在准备百年大庆。
- Within were dark caverns; what was inside them, no one could see. 里面是一个黑洞,这里面有什么东西,谁也望不见。 来自汉英文学 - 家(1-26) - 家(1-26)
- UNDERGROUND Under water grottos, caverns Filled with apes That eat figs. 在水帘洞里,挤满了猿争吃无花果。
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
- He crossed over to the window to see if it was still misty.他走到窗户那儿,看看是不是还有雾霭。
- The misty scene had a dreamy quality about it.雾景给人以梦幻般的感觉。
- The doctor asked me to breathe in,then to breathe out fully.医生让我先吸气,然后全部呼出。
- They soon became fully integrated into the local community.他们很快就完全融入了当地人的圈子。
- The king had unspeakable majesty.国王有无法形容的威严。
- Your Majesty must make up your mind quickly!尊贵的陛下,您必须赶快做出决定!