奥巴马每周电视讲话:实现治愈癌症登月计划的任务(02)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:奥巴马每周电视讲话
In 2016, there's much more we can do.
在2016年,我们能做更多的事情。
Just five years ago, for example, immunotherapy
比如说,就在5年前,免疫疗法
using the immune system to kill cancer cells while protecting healthy ones -- wasn't taken seriously.
使用免疫体系保护健康细胞的同时杀死癌细胞--并不受到重视。
Now it is and it's working with other disciplines, and offering real hope.
现在是了,并且能够和其他科目一起提供了真正的机会。
Decades of research has accumulated large amounts of data
几十年的研究,已经积累了大量的数据资料
but that data is not shared, it's hard to understand,and it's often not accessible to researchers and the public.
但这些数据不是共享的,这很难理解,并且太多时候研究者和公众并不能获得这些数据。
But now we're in the position to break down silos and share it all
但现在我们正在能探讨到的领域,是打破界限和共享给所有人,
because we have an enormous capacity with computing 1 capability 2 to take millions of pieces of data
因为我们有着巨大的计算机计算能力,承载数百万的数据记录,
and analyze 3 it we can do a million billion calculations per second now.
分析它们我们可以在一秒内进行一百万次计算。
And the Moonshot vision report reflects what my wife and I joined and have learned meeting with thousands of cancer patients and their families,
登月计划的愿景报告,反映了我妻子和我一道会见数千人后了解到的情况。他们包括,来自世界各地的癌症患者以及他们的家人,
advocates, physicians, researchers, philanthropists, technology leaders, and heads of states from all over the world about what we need to do.
律师,内科医生,研究学者,慈善家,技术翘楚,州领袖。我们了解到需要去完成的事情。
We have to do everything from enhancing prevention efforts,
我们需要做任何的事情,包括加强预防措施,
expanding access to care, and forging an international commitment to fight cancer.
扩大医疗保健,对这一攻坚战形成国际性的共识。
This week I also released a report on the Cancer Moonshot Task Force
本周我也发布了癌症登月计划特别小组的报告
- to work in computing 从事信息处理
- Back in the dark ages of computing, in about 1980, they started a software company. 早在计算机尚未普及的时代(约1980年),他们就创办了软件公司。
- She has the capability to become a very fine actress.她有潜力成为杰出演员。
- Organizing a whole department is beyond his capability.组织整个部门是他能力以外的事。