公众人物毕业演讲 第78期:米歇尔奥巴马迪拉德大学(4)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
Because it is the day before Mother's Day
马上母亲节就要到了
To all the mothers, Happy Mother's Day
我向所有母亲致以节日的问候
Now, graduates, you all handled 1 your business, right
毕业生们 你们都做好了自己该做的事吧
Just because you were graduating didn't mean you, come on, now
不能仅仅因为毕业就忽视了母亲节
Okay, well, if you didn't, you have my permission 2 to get up and go right now
如果你还没做好准备 我允许你们现在起身离场
because there is nothing more important no, no, don't get up
因为没有什么的重要性… 不不 不要起身
Your mothers would kill you if you got up at this moment
否则你们的母亲会当场杀了你们
So just stay in your seats, and when this is all over make sure you take care of mom
现在先坐好 等典礼结束之后 记住给母亲准备礼物
But in all seriousness, to all the moms out there
我这里严肃地感谢所有母亲
as well as the dads and the grandparents
以及所有父亲 祖父母 外祖父母
the uncles, the aunts, the brothers, the sisters
叔舅姑姨 兄弟姐妹
all of you who have helped raise these graduates
你们都对毕业生们的成长做出过贡献
you have seen them through their ups and downs
你们陪他们经历过起起落落
and you have poured 3 your hearts and souls 4 into these men and women
你们将自己的心血倾注在这些年轻人身上
So today is your day, too, and you should be very proud. You really should
今天 也是你们的盛典 你们也应当感到自豪
And finally, most of all, I want to congratulate the
最后 也是最重要的 我要祝贺
beautiful and handsome men and women of the Dillard University Class of 2014
迪拉德大学2014届美丽而帅气的毕业生们
Yay
耶
You all have come so far, I know, to make it to this day
你们都付出过很多 才走到了今天这一步
from all those early days when the girls were sneaking out of Williams Hall
包括不少女生从威廉姆斯教学楼偷偷溜出来
to go see the boys over at the Duals
去见自己的男友
oh yeah, I did my research
我做过研究
adj.有把手的,有把柄的v.操作( handle的过去式和过去分词 );容易╱难以)驾驶;操纵;行动
- She handled the matter with seeming indifference. 她看似漫不经心地处理了这件事。
- The wind-down of the company was handled very efficiently. 处理公司逐步缩减直至关闭的事宜效率很高。
n.许可;同意;许可证
- You were wrong to take the car without permission.你未经许可就把车开走是不应该的。
- With your permission I'll leave now.有你的允许,我这就离开。
涌出( pour的过去式和过去分词 ); 倾,倒; 涌流; 倾泻
- She poured the dark brown liquid down the sink. 她把深棕色的液体倒进了污水池。
- Scalding tears poured down her face. 滚烫的泪水从她脸上扑簌簌地流下来。
标签:
毕业演讲