公众人物毕业演讲 第49期:肖恩库姆斯霍华德大学(5)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
And because of that, I've got to tell you the truth
这方面 我要给你们讲真相
that one of my favorite place was the Quad 1
Quad是我最喜欢的地方之一
You see, in my freshman 2 year, everybody asked me do I stay in Drew Hall
我在大一那年 所有人都问我是否待在Drew Hall楼
and I had to tell them, no, I stay in the Quad
我跟他们说 没有 我待在Quad
And I actually stayed there until I got kicked out
我一直待在那里 直到被人踢出来
Ain't that right, Robyn?
对吗 罗宾
I have my Howard girlfriend, she in the house
我曾在霍华德有一个女友 她在房里
I used to play in the Quad like
我会在Quad叫她
You're Robyn
罗宾
Come on down
下来
Now I've gone off topic for a second
我稍微有点跑题了
We're here today to celebrate
我们今天来这里是庆祝的
and I was just talking about our beautiful bison 3 women
而我一直在讲霍华德大学美丽的"野牛"女生
that is never taken for granted 4
这并不从来都是理所当然的
When we have so much power in here, I think we need to step up to hashtag
当我们有足够力量时 我认为我们应当开始#
All I want to say is bring back our girls now
我只想说 现在就把我们的女生找回来
Bring back out girls now
现在就把我们的女生找回来
My world was changed here at Howard
我的世界在霍华德得到了改变
On my second day of school
在我上学的第二天
I learned 5 something that will change the course of my life for ever
我学到了之后会影响我一生的东西
I don't talk about the soft thing
这可不是一件轻松事
I was raised by a single mother in Harlem
我在纽约黑人区由单亲妈妈拉扯大
My dad Mr. Melvin Combs died when I was 3 years old
我三岁那年 父亲梅尔文·库姆斯就不在人世了
My mother always told me that he died in a car accident
我妈总跟我说 他是死于车祸
There was something about that. It just didn't feel right
我总感觉有点不对头
Something was in my soul that was telling me otherwise
我灵魂深处总觉得情况不是这样
So as soon as I get here, I went to the library
来到这里后 我马上就去了图书馆
and did some research
然后做了一些研究
I used the microfilm I found
我用我找到的微缩胶卷
to search through all the newspaper
到所有的报纸上进行搜索
and when I typed in my father's name and the day he died
键入父亲的名字和死亡日期后
I read in the answer in that news
我读到了相关新闻
that he had been murdered in a drug deal gone bad
他其实是因为毒品交易失败而被人谋杀的
n.四方院;四胞胎之一;v.在…填补空铅
- His rooms were on the left-hand side of the quad.他的房间位于四方院的左侧。
- She is a 34-year-old mother of quads.她是个生了四胞胎的34岁的母亲。
n.大学一年级学生(可兼指男女)
- Jack decided to live in during his freshman year at college.杰克决定大一时住校。
- He is a freshman in the show business.他在演艺界是一名新手。
conj.假定,就算v.(退一步)承认( grant的过去式和过去分词 );(尤指正式地或法律上)同意;准许;让渡
- The president granted a general amnesty for all political prisoners. 总统大赦了所有的政治犯。
- She feared she would not be granted re-entry into Britain. 她担心不会获准再次踏足英伦。
标签:
演讲