大忙人学社交口语 第21期:谈论曼谷惊险遭遇
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:大忙人学社交口语
英语课
I had a terrible journey 1 back from Bangkok last week.
我上周从曼谷回来的时候,过程很惊险。
Really? Why? What happened?
真的吗?为什么?发生什么事了?
Well, first of all, the taxi that was taking me from the client's office to the airport broke down on the freeway 2.
哦,首先,出租车在载我从客户的办公室到机场的高速公路上抛锚了。
Oh. no.
噢,不会吧
Yes, and the driver didn't speak any English or Chinese and he didn't have a phone on him, can you believe it?
是啊,而且司机中英文都不会说,身上又没电话,你能相信吗?
And his radio didn't work.
而且他的无线电又出故障了。
So there was no way he could get in touch with the office to get them to send another taxi.
所以他没办法跟总部联络,以便派另一辆出租车过来。
So what did you do?
那你怎么办?
Well, I actually thumbed 4 a lift.
哦,我只好搭便车了。
You what?
真的吗?
Yes, I stood on the side of the freeway and stuck my thumb 3 out, and a passing truck stopped and took me to the airport.
是啊,我站在路边伸出拇指,结果有一辆经过的卡车停下来载我去机场。
Wow, good for you.
哇,真不错。
Yes, except he drove 5 really slowly, and I missed my flight.
是啊,只不过他开得很慢,让我错过了班机。
Oh, no!
噢,不会吧!
Yes, so I had to wait three hours for the next one.
是啊,所以我必须等3个小时才有下一班飞机。
I didn't get home till four in the morning, and when I got home I realized I'd left my house keys in my hotel in Bangkok.
我一直到清晨4点才到家,而且到家时才发现,我把家里的钥匙留在曼谷的饭店里了。
You really have bad luck, don't you?
你真的很不走运,对吧?
Seems like it.
看起来是这样。
1 journey
n.旅行,旅程;路程
- She will give up this journey.她将放弃这次旅行。
- The journey home was great fun.回家的旅程非常有趣。
2 freeway
n.高速公路,高速干道
- We're driving on the freeway.我们正行驶在快车道上。
- A truck driver was driving along on the freeway.一位司机正驾驶卡车沿着高速公路行使。
3 thumb
n.拇指;vt.示意要求搭车,用拇指翻页翻阅;vi.翻页
- This glove has a hole in the thumb.这只手套的大拇指处有个洞。
- The little boy was sucking his thumb.小男孩儿吮着拇指。
标签:
社交口语