TED演讲:美国人在健康问题上的共识是什么(7)
时间:2018-12-15 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
So I ask, if you are a health care executive: 所以我问,如果你是医疗保健主管:
Do you know how many of your patients run out of food or struggle to pay the rent at the end of the month? 你知道你有多少病人缺乏食物或者月底付不起租金吗?
Is that data on your scorecard, shaping your business and your bonuses? 这个数据在不在你的计分卡上,影响你的事业和奖金?
If you are a politician: Will you continue to fight on the scorched 1 earth of health care, or will you act on what your voters, 如果你是个政治家:你会继续在医疗保健的焦土上作战,还是你会为你的选民的利益采取行动,
what Democratic and Republican voters alike, already know, which is that good wages, healthy food and safe housing are health? 为那些民主党和共和党选民共同的、已经知道的,即体面的薪水、健康的食物和安全的居住环境,就是健康而行动?
And for the rest of us, for the citizens of this country: 对于我们其他人来说,对于这个国家的公民来说:
Will we demand accountability to what we know to be true, 我们是否会要求对我们所知的事实负责,
which is that our common sense, our common experience, makes us the experts in what it takes to be healthy? 那就是我们的常识,我们的共同经历,让我们成为健康专家?
This moment, as it turns out, is not about changing minds. 这一刻,事实证明,这无关改变思想。
It is about something more powerful. 这事关更强大的事情。
It is about changing the questions we ask and quieting the noise to hear each other's answers. 这事关改变我们问的问题和安静地听彼此的答案。
It is about the radical 2 possibility that we the patients, we the physicians, we the caregivers, 这事关根治的可能性,我们病人,我们医生,我们护理人员,
we the health care executives and yes, even we the people, that we agree. 我们医疗健康主管还有甚至我们人民,我们所一致同意的。
And it is now time -- in fact, long overdue 3 -- for us to marshal the courage to hear those answers and to act upon them. Thank you. 现在是时候了--其实,早该了--让我们鼓起勇气倾听这些答案并付诸行动。谢谢。
1 scorched
烧焦,烤焦( scorch的过去式和过去分词 ); 使(植物)枯萎,把…晒枯; 高速行驶; 枯焦
- I scorched my dress when I was ironing it. 我把自己的连衣裙熨焦了。
- The hot iron scorched the tablecloth. 热熨斗把桌布烫焦了。
标签:
TED演讲