VOA常速英语2017--美国与墨西哥进行能源合作
时间:2018-12-08 作者:英语课 分类:VOA标准英语2017年(7月)
Mexico is a crucial…partner for the United States in our efforts to promote a comprehensive energy security strategy and economic security for North America, said U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.
墨西哥是美国的重要伙伴,助力我们北美推动全面能源安全策略,提升北美的经济安全,美国能源部部长里克 佩里(Rick Perry)如是说道。
That is why it is a top priority to pursue a North American energy strategy that will ensure security, stability, economic growth for the United States, Mexico, and for Canada.
这也是我们将推进北美能源策略作为首要任务的原因,因为这项策略能够确保美国、墨西哥和加拿大的安全、稳定、经济发展。
Secretary Perry made these remarks in Mexico City in mid-July when he traveled to meet with the President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto and Mexico’s Secretary of Energy Pedro Joaquin Coldwell. Speaking at a joint 1 press conference hosted by Mexico’s Ministry 2 of Energy Secretary Perry noted 3, The Strategy will guide our collaboration 4 on shared energy interests, including the development of North America’s vast untapped energy resources, diversify 5 our energy supplies, supporting the growth of our domestic energy industries.
部长佩里于7月中旬在墨西哥城发表了这番言论,当时他正在与墨西哥总统恩里克 培尼亚 涅托(Enrique Pena Nieto)和墨西哥能源部部长佩德罗 华金 科尔德韦尔(Pedro Joaquin Coldwell)进行会晤。在一次由墨西哥能源部主办的新闻发布会上发表讲话时,能源部部长佩里表示,这项策略将指导我们在共同的能源利益方面进行合作,包括开发北美大量尚未开拓的能源资源、丰富我们的供给、支持国内能源产业的发展。
Energy Secretary Perry said the work plan will identify concrete actions that we can undertake in three areas: first, to accelerate development of our vast, untapped energy resources…; second, to promote energy trade and economic development; and thirdly, to enhance the security, reliability 6 and resilience of North America’s energy systems.
能源部部长佩里表示,该工作计划将明确我们在三个领域所能采取的具体行动:其一,加速我们对大量尚未开拓能源资源的开发;其二,促进能源贸易和经济发展;其三,加强北美能源体系的安全性、可靠性和弹性。
The North American Energy Strategy, he said, will build upon our existing ties and bring economic benefits to both the United States and Mexico as well as Canada. Mexico is already our second-largest energy trading partner. Increased energy trade and bilateral 7 investment will increase North America’s self-sufficiency that will reduce our reliance on energy imports from outside the continent. Obviously it will create jobs, a lot of jobs. Good jobs. And bring down energy costs for consumers.
佩里表示,北美能源战略将建立在现有关系的基础上,并将为美国、墨西哥、加拿大带来经济利益。墨西哥已经是我们的第二大能源贸易伙伴。我们的双边投资将提升北美自给自足的能力,继而减少我们对海外能源进口的依赖。显然,这会促进就业,带来大量就业岗位,其中不乏好的就业岗位。同时,也能为消费者降低能源成本。
We are joined together, said Secretary Perry, in the quest for a better tomorrow. Mexico’s prosperity is inextricably intertwined with our prosperity. Our cultures are blended, our heritage and our families are shared, our economies forever linked. We must build a better future together starting with a vision of North American energy dominance. We must continue to develop our energy resources, invest in innovation, and build a competitive energy industry together.
部长佩里表示,我们要联手共创更加美好的明天。墨西哥的繁荣与我们的繁荣密不可分。我们两国的文化相融,我们曾有共同的祖先,我们以彼此为家人,我们的经济也一直相互关联。我们要以北美能源主导的前景为本,一同构筑更加美好的明天。我们必须继续开发我们的能源资源,投资创新领域,一同将能源产业构筑为有竞争力的产业。
- I had a bad fall,which put my shoulder out of joint.我重重地摔了一跤,肩膀脫臼了。
- We wrote a letter in joint names.我们联名写了封信。
- They sent a deputation to the ministry to complain.他们派了一个代表团到部里投诉。
- We probed the Air Ministry statements.我们调查了空军部的记录。
- The local hotel is noted for its good table.当地的那家酒店以餐食精美而著称。
- Jim is noted for arriving late for work.吉姆上班迟到出了名。
- The two companies are working in close collaboration each other.这两家公司密切合作。
- He was shot for collaboration with the enemy.他因通敌而被枪毙了。
- Our company is trying to diversify.我们公司正力图往多样化方面发展。
- Hills and woods diversify the landscape.山陵和树木点缀景色。
- We mustn't presume too much upon the reliability of such sources.我们不应过分指望这类消息来源的可靠性。
- I can assure you of the reliability of the information.我向你保证这消息可靠。