职场礼节美语:合理处理团队合作问题
英语课
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他跟美国同事Amy一起往办公室走。
(Office ambience)
A:Hi Chen Hao. How are you today?
C:还可以,不过工作上有点烦心事。
A:Anything I can help you with?
C:我们组来了个新同事,叫Sue 1. 她很有创意。
A:Why is there an issue?
C:虽然她很有能力,但是靠不住。
A:In what way?
C:每次来开会,她事先都不做准备。
A:Does she know what is expected?
C:那当然,我们每次都提前公布议事日程,布置每个人的任务,但是Sue每次都空着手来。
A:Does she have a reason for coming unprepared?
C:她觉得没什么大不了。一开会,就会提出一大堆创意。
A:Tell me why this is a problem.
C:问题是,为了她,我们每次上来还要重复开会的议题。她不做准备,结果是让我们大家浪费时间。
A:I hate to cut this short, but we are both going to be late. Can we continue this conversation later?
C:好,一会儿见。
中午吃饭时。
A:Tell me about your problem with Sue. You are the team leader. Have you talked to her about arriving unprepared?
C:我作为小组组长,也找她谈过,但是没用,她找出各种理由,而且她确实很有工作能力,我也不想失去她。
A:Sounds to me as if you need to talk to your boss now.
C:告诉老板?那不成打小报告了吗?
A:If you have handled things right up to this point and given Sue a chance to correct her behavior, you need support from upper management.
C:有没有两全其美的办法,既能解决问题,又不对Sue构成伤害呢?
A:Do it as quickly as possible before the situation gets worse.
C:去找老板之前,我需要征求其他同事的意见吗?
A:That will only create more conflict and conversation plus cause additional 2 trouble for you and Sue.
C:具体该怎么做?
A:Gather all your facts and documentation, making sure to separate any personal feelings from your professional opinions.
C:这我知道,要如实说明情况,不能搀杂个人色彩。
A:When you approach your boss, give Sue credit 3 for her talent and expertise 4 before you mention her approach to team issues.
C:好,还有呢?
A:Let your boss know what you have done to try to correct the problem and your ideas to correct the situation without losing Sue.
C:我如果不去管它,情况会不会自己好起来呢?
A:It rarely does. You need to face the issue with your associate first as you already have. Since that has not worked, approach your boss and seek advice to resolve 5 the issue to the benefit of all.
vt.控告,起诉;vi.请求,追求,起诉
- If you don't pay me the money,I'll sue you.如果你不付给我钱,我就告你。
- The war criminals sue for peace.战犯求和。
adj.添加的,额外的,另外的
- It is necessary to set down these additional rules.有必要制定这些补充规则。
- I think we can fit in an additional room.我想我们可以再加建一间房子。
n.信用,荣誉,贷款,学分;v.归功于,赞颂,信任
- I credit him with a certain amount of sense.我认为他有一定的见识。
- He got the credit,and we did the dirty work.他得荣誉,我们做不讨好的工作。
n.专门知识(或技能等),专长
- We were amazed at his expertise on the ski slopes.他斜坡滑雪的技能使我们赞叹不已。
- You really have the technical expertise in a new breakthrough.让你真正在专业技术上有一个全新的突破。
标签:
职场英语