欧美人文风情第78篇:超“巧克力棒”的!
时间:2019-03-02 作者:英语课 分类:欧美人文风情
英语课
Hello! My name is Dylan, and I'm six years old. 哈喽!我的名字是Dylan,我六岁。
I wrote a book named Chocolate Bar to raise money for my friend, Jonah's charity. 我写了一本书叫做《巧克力棒》来为我朋友Jonah的慈善基金募款。
It's about what's awesome 1 to me. 它是关于对我来说超棒的事。
I like to go to the beach. That is so chocolate bar. 我喜欢去嗨边。那超“巧克力棒”的。
Dylan is Jonah's best friend. He decided 2 a couple of months ago that he wanted to write a book Dylan是Jonah的死党。他几个月前决定想要写一本书,
to help raise a million dollars for finding a cure for my son's rare liver condition, Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1b. 帮忙募到一百万元来为我儿子的罕见肝病找出治疗办法,1b型肝糖储积症。
I felt good when my friend was trying to help me, so I can get better and feel like other people. 当我朋友试着帮助我的时候我感到很开心,如此一来我可以康复,并感觉像其他人一样。
It was so chocolate bar. 那超“巧克力棒”的。
After Dylan finished the pages, he handed them to us and said, "Will you go make copies?" 在Dylan完成书页的时候,他交给我们并说:“你们会去复制成册吗?”
He was really persistent 3 and really passionate 4. We knew that we had to take actions. 他非常坚定且非常热心。我们知道我们必须采取行动。
Dylan has touched us so much. It's beautiful. It's so beautiful. Dylan如此地感动我们。这很美。这如此美。
Thank you for helping 5 us find a cure for him, because we're gonna do it with all of your help. 感谢你们帮助我们为他寻找治疗方式,因为我们要用你们全部的帮助来做这件事。
Thank you so much! 非常谢谢你们。
It's been an amazing, amazing journey for us as parents to see another parents, child do this. 这是很美妙、美妙的旅程,对于我们身为父母看到其他父母、孩子做这件事。
We've got a little choked up with emotion. 我们因激动而有点硬咽。
I like to help my friend. That is the biggest chocolate bar. 我喜欢帮助我朋友。那是最大的巧克力棒。
We're really, really thrilled to get behind this project, because we knew it would send the message out to other children that they have power. 我们真的、真的很兴奋能支持这项企划,因为我们知道它会将讯息传送出去给其他孩子,说:“他们有能力”。
It doesn't matter if you're six years old, or thirty, or a hundred. 不论你六岁、或三十岁、或一百岁都没关系。
If you have a big idea and a big heart, and you wanna make something happen, you can do it. 如果你有个伟大的想法还有宽阔的心胸,且你想要让某件事成真,你就能做到。
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
- The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
adj.坚持不懈的,执意的;持续的
- Albert had a persistent headache that lasted for three days.艾伯特连续头痛了三天。
- She felt embarrassed by his persistent attentions.他不时地向她大献殷勤,使她很难为情。
adj.热情的,热烈的,激昂的,易动情的,易怒的,性情暴躁的
- He is said to be the most passionate man.据说他是最有激情的人。
- He is very passionate about the project.他对那个项目非常热心。
标签:
人文风情