时间:2019-03-02 作者:英语课 分类:欧美人文风情


英语课

 Sadly, too many of us know what it means to work for a bad boss. 很遗憾,我们有很多人知道替坏老板工作意味着什么。


This could include a boss who is bad at the actual job, 这可能包含对工作本身不太在行的老板,
or as is often the case, they're good at the job but really bad at dealing 1 with people. 或通常是工作能力很好、但人际关系处理能力极差的老板。
How would you judge your boss? 你怎样评论你的老板呢?
I want you to consider a few indicators 2 that your boss might need a leadership tune-up. 我要你思考几个你的老板可能需要调整的领导能力指标。
Ask yourself if you're seeing any of these. 问问你自己是否看到了任何一种能力。
First is public criticism or demeaning behaviors. 第一个是当众批评或羞辱的行为。
From time to time, everyone needs to receive tough feedback, 每个人时不时地会接收严厉反馈,
but a great boss knows that you always praise in public and save critical feedback for private interactions. 不过一个好老板知道在大家面前要永远赞美,然后将批判意见留到私下再说。
And in general, remember, there really is no place for negative fear-based tactics at work. 而且总体看来,记住,职场真的容不下负面、建立于恐惧之上的策略。
Next, think about their planning skills. 接下来,想想他们的计划能力。
Poor planners tend to do everything at the last moment, 不擅计划的人往往到最后一刻才做所有的事,
which forces the team to deal with emergency after emergency. 迫使团队要处理接踵而来的突发状况。
That reduces the team's confidence in you and creates lots of unneeded stress. 这样会降低团队对你的信心,也会造成许多不必要的压力。
Excessive micromanaging is another bad boss trait. 过度管东管西是坏老板的另一个特点。
Maybe they're high-strung and just a little paranoid. 也许他们高度紧张,有点儿偏执多疑。
This means they worry about whether or not everyone will get their job done, 这代表他们担心每个人是否完成了工作,
so they check in a million times to keep you on track. 所以他们会不断查看,确保大家都在好好工作。
But what they're really doing is slowing you down. 不过他们实际是在拖缓你的进度。
Finally, does your boss lack consistency 3? 最后,你的老板是否缺乏一致性?
Any time a leader perpetually switches positions, that's a problem. 一位领导者不断改变态度立场是个问题。
The team wants to believe in their leader, 团队想要相信他们的领导者,
and few things support trust and create confidence, like being consistent. 有几件事能维持他们的信任并创造信心,好比说表现出一致性。
Always strive to be consistent in how you treat others 对待他人的方式要努力永远保持始终如一,
and consistent with how you make and stick to your decisions. 另外做决定及遵守决定的方式也要维持一致。
If you're seeing too many these behaviors, you need to start being proactive to take care of yourself. 如果你见过太多这些行为,就得开始积极主动得顾好自己。
So, be sure to remember these tips. 务必记好这些诀窍。
First, be a great performer. Having a bad boss is not an excuse for being a bad employee. 首先,当一个表现出色的员工。有一个坏老板并不是当坏员工的借口。
The better you perform, the more you'll create options for yourself, 你表现得越好,就会替自己创造出更多的机会,
options other than working for your current boss. 替现在老板工作以外的机会。
Also, put everything in writing. 此外,将每件事写下来。
Take great notes about all of your tasks and all of the instructions the boss gave you. 好好记下你的每项任务,还有老板给你的所有指示。
Capture everything, including all dates and deadlines. 记录一切,包含所有日期和截止期限。
If you're experiencing bad behavior, keep notes on every single instance in case you need it later. 如果你受到不当行为对待,将每次发生的事例记下来,以免将来有需要。
Next, don't forget to rely on your network. 接下来,别忘了要靠你的人脉。
You need quality connections to others at work, who can help you stay sane 4. 你需要和职场上的其他人有良好的往来,他们能帮你保持思绪清晰。
Be positive and professional. Don't use them to vent 5 negatively about the boss. 态度积极正向且专业。不要利用他们来发泄对老板的不满。
However, with a friend outside of work, feel free to vent and get it out of your system. 不过,和工作外的朋友在一起时,请随意发泄,把一切通通排出体外吧。
Last but not least, know your rights. 最后一点也是很重要的一点,了解自己的权利。
If a boss crosses the line, you need to know relevant company rules or laws. 如果老板太过份时,你需要了解相关公司规定或法规。
But be careful—speaking up might be the right thing to do, 不过小心,说出意见可能是对得,
but unfortunately, it's not risk-free. 但不幸地是,那并非没有风险。
So before you go to HR, be sure you have a strong, well-documented case. 所以在你去找人事前,确认你有强而有力、记录详细的例证。
Bad bosses can be very difficult to endure, but if you're lucky and really paying attention, 坏老板可能令人十分难以忍受,不过如果你幸运而且真得注意的话,
they'll teach you a lot about how not to lead, and that makes you a better leader. 他们会教你许多做领导时不要做的事,而那会使你成为更出色的领导者。
 

n.经商方法,待人态度
  • This store has an excellent reputation for fair dealing.该商店因买卖公道而享有极高的声誉。
  • His fair dealing earned our confidence.他的诚实的行为获得我们的信任。
(仪器上显示温度、压力、耗油量等的)指针( indicator的名词复数 ); 指示物; (车辆上的)转弯指示灯; 指示信号
  • The economic indicators are better than expected. 经济指标比预期的好。
  • It is still difficult to develop indicators for many concepts used in social science. 为社会科学领域的许多概念确立一个指标仍然很难。
n.一贯性,前后一致,稳定性;(液体的)浓度
  • Your behaviour lacks consistency.你的行为缺乏一贯性。
  • We appreciate the consistency and stability in China and in Chinese politics.我们赞赏中国及其政策的连续性和稳定性。
adj.心智健全的,神志清醒的,明智的,稳健的
  • He was sane at the time of the murder.在凶杀案发生时他的神志是清醒的。
  • He is a very sane person.他是一个很有头脑的人。
n.通风口,排放口;开衩;vt.表达,发泄
  • He gave vent to his anger by swearing loudly.他高声咒骂以发泄他的愤怒。
  • When the vent became plugged,the engine would stop.当通风口被堵塞时,发动机就会停转。
标签: 人文风情