听歌学英语:写给你的歌 Your Song
It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
此时此刻 内心的感受有点微妙
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
我不是那种能轻易隐藏自己情绪的人
I don't have much money. But boy if I did
并非腰缠万贯 但假使我有能力
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
我会买座大大的房子 与你生活在一起
So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do
原谅我的善忘吧
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
你看 我都记不清 你的眼睛究竟是绿还是蓝了
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
不管怎样,我想说的其实是
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen
你那洋溢着甜美的双眸 是我这辈子见过最美的风景
And you can tell everybody this is your song
大声向全世界宣布这是独属于你的歌吧
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
也许词调朴素 但还是希望你喜欢
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
希望你不会介意我把情感都付诸文字
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
因有你在 这个世界就无比美妙
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
希望你不会介意我把情感都付诸文字
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
只要有你在 这个世界就无比美妙
If I was a sculptor 1, but then again no
如果我是个雕塑家就好了…只可惜 我不是
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
或者是位巡回演出表演的魔术师也行
I know it's not mch but it's the best I can do
我知道这还远远不够 但我也只能做到如此了
My gift is my song and this one's for you
能送出的礼物 仅仅是我的歌 而这首歌 只为你而作
And you can tell everybody this is your song
大声向全世界宣布这是独属于你的歌吧
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
也许词调朴素 但还是希望你喜欢
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
希望你不会介意我把情感都付诸文字
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
因有你在 这个世界无比美妙
It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside这种感觉,有点好笑/奇怪
funny:adj.基本意思为‘可笑的, 有趣的, 滑稽的,’,但是这个单词还有‘ 奇怪的,非法的 ,稍有不适的,神志不太正常的’等意思。例如:
The guard warned 2 his prisoner 3 not to try anything funny.狱警警告囚犯不要耍什么花招。
He felt funny all day yesterday.昨儿一整天他都觉得不舒服。
He told the doctor that he felt funny all over.他告诉医生, 他感到浑身不舒服。
funny business n. 胡闹,不道德的行为,不规矩的事,歪门斜道
Can you come to the party with me tonight? I promise, no funny business.今晚可以跟我去参加聚会吗?我发誓,我会乖乖的。
I'm warning 4 you now, boy. Any funny business, any at all and you won't have any meals for a week. 我警告你,小子。要是你胡闹的话,哪怕一点点胡闹,你就一个礼拜不准吃饭。
I don't have much money. But boy, if I did, I'd buy a big house where we both could live.
boy:表感叹‘啊,天啊,天哪’,与boy的意思没有什么关系
Oh, boy! What a mess!天哪,这么乱!(mess n. 混乱)
Boy! Isn't it hot!哇, 好热啊!
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words希望你不要介意我以文字记述下来
mind:n.头脑, 精神, 意见 v.留心, 注意, 专心于, 介意, 照顾
to give somebody a piece of one's mind: Piece是量词,它有很多意思,意思是‘一片、或者是一部份’。从字面上来解释,to give somebody a piece of one's mind是:某人把自己的一些想法告诉别人。要是没有学过这个习惯用语的话,你可能以为这种作法很慷慨;这个人很愿意给别人提出忠告。可是,to give somebody a piece of one's mind, 它的确切意思刚好相反,真正意思是‘带有指责的直言不讳’,或者是很‘愤怒地把某人痛骂一顿’。
I'm going to wait for Mary to come home even if I have to stay up all night! And when she comes in that door, I am going to give her a piece of my mind she'll never forget!
哪怕我一夜不睡觉,我今天也非要等到玛丽回来不可。当她走进门的时候,我要好好地教训她一顿,让她永远也忘不了。
put down: 降级,镇压;记下;贬低,制止
He was put down from the office for peculation 5.他因侵吞公款而被降职。(peculation:[,p?kj?'le??n] n. 侵吞公款;挪用公款;贪污)
Let me put down your telephone number. 让我把你的电话号码记下来。
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no 如果我是雕刻家,但是话说回来,我不是
sculptor 英 ['sk?lpt?] n. 雕刻家
(but) then again:另一方面, 还有, 反之, 否则,但在那时,话说回来
He's clumsy 6 and untidy 7, but then again, he's always willing 8 to help.他笨手笨脚的又邋遢; 可是话说回来,他总是乐於助人。
This is better, but then again, it costs more.这个要好一点, 但也贵一些。
- A sculptor forms her material.雕塑家把材料塑造成雕塑品。
- The sculptor rounded the clay into a sphere.那位雕塑家把黏土做成了一个球状。
- Motorists have been warned to beware of icy roads. 已经提醒开车的人当心冰封的路面。
- I've warned her countless times. 我警告过她无数次了。
- The soldier reported that a prisoner was at large.士兵报告说一名囚犯在逃。
- The police tried to break down the prisoner's opposition.警察设法制住了那个囚犯的反抗。
- The other side paid no attention to our warning.对方不重视我方的警告。
- He realized that his doctor was warning him off drink.他意识到医生在告诫他戒酒。
- He became manager but was put down from the office fur peculation. 他成了一位经理,但由于盗用公款而被降职了。 来自互联网
- The former president of the Philippines, Estrada, was charged with peculation. 菲律宾前总统艾斯特拉达被指控犯有侵吞国家财产罪。 来自互联网
- He is clumsy with his hands.他的一双手很笨。
- Its body looks heavy and clumsy when it has eaten its fill.它步态蹒跚,吃饱了的身体更显得笨拙可笑。
- This is an untidy plan.这是一个杂乱无章的计划。
- I must apologize for the untidy state of the room.屋子这么不整洁,实在抱歉。