英语美文:Think It Over
英语课
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments 1 and narrower points of view.
今, 吾辈居愈高行愈广,然性愈燥视愈短。
We spend more, but enjoy less.
费愈靡然享愈少。
We have bigger houses, but smaller families.
屋愈宽然室愈怜。
We have more compromises, but less time.
暇愈足然适愈乏。
We have more knowledge, but less judgement.
识愈博然断愈寡。
We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much.
言及怨泛,以至爱消恶涨。
We reached the Moon and came back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors.
以抵月而返之大能然无越陌方邻之雅兴。
We have higher income, but less morals.
具日积而盈之丰帑然无慕古行止之高义。
These are times with more liberty, but less joy.
秉四海之游闲,阙逍遥之情性。
These are times of finer houses, but more broken homes.
守集美之华宅,不减流散之亲爱。
why?
何者?
性格( temperament的名词复数 ); (人或动物的)气质; 易冲动; (性情)暴躁
- The two brothers have exactly opposite temperaments: one likes to be active while the other tends to be quiet and keep to himself. 他们弟兄两个脾气正好相反, 一个爱动,一个好静。
- For some temperaments work is a remedy for all afflictions. 对于某些人来说,工作是医治悲伤的良药。
标签:
英语美文