欧美人文风情第11篇:神奇短语让你发言不中断
时间:2019-02-25 作者:英语课 分类:欧美人文风情
英语课
Hi, I am expert communication trainer, Dan O'Connor. 嗨,我是专业沟通训练师, Dan O'Connor。
And this week I'm going to give you three magic phrases that you can use to instantly boost 1 your confidence 而这周我要带给你能用来快速提升自信的三句神奇短语,
when you need to present an idea, make a request, and so much more. 当你需要表达一个构想、提出一个要求、还有更多其他需求的时候。
You know, many of us, when we walk into what we know is going to be, maybe a challenging communication situation, we lack confidence, 你知道,我们之中许多人,当我们走进一个我们知道会是怎样的场合,或许是个有挑战性的沟通情境时,我们缺乏自信,
because we simply do not have the tools. 因为我们根本没有工具。
And this week, what I am going to give you are three magic phrases as I said, 因此本周,我要带给你们的就是刚刚说的三句神奇短语,
and these are going to be what we call "navigational phrases." 而这些就是我们所谓的“引导式短语”。
Navigational phrases—you use when it seems as though your message might be going off track to help steer 2 you back on track. 引导式短语--当你的讯息似乎要偏离轨道时,你用来帮助自己导回正轨。
We all know that some of us communicate with people who intentionally 3 try to throw our message off track. 我们全都知道我们有些人会和一些刻意尝试将我们的讯息导偏的人交谈。
And when that happens to you the next time, these three magic navigational phrases will be exactly what will get you out of that pickle 4. 而当那种事下次发生在你身上时,这三句神奇的引导式短语正好是能让你逃出困境的东西。
They are... Are you ready? 它们是...你准备好了吗?
Magic phrase number one, "That may be but..." Repeat that, "That may be but..." 神奇短语一号:“也许是那样但...”覆诵一遍:“也许是那样但...”
Magic phrase number two, "I understand, however..." Repeat that, "I understand, however..." 神奇短语二号:“我了解,不过...”重复一遍:“我了解,不过...”
And magic phrase number three, "I see your point, and..." Repeat that, "I see your point, and..." 然后神奇短语三号:“我懂你的意思,但...”再说一遍:“我懂你的意思,但...”
The way we use this is we couple them with the broken record, and remember that the broken record is different from simply repeating yourself. 我们使用这个的方法是将它们和“跳针(注一)”结合运用,但记得“跳针”和单纯覆诵自己的话不同。
That might be what some novice 5 communicators do, but not a savvy 6, polished communicator such as yourself. 那可能是一些新手沟通者做的事,但不是像你这样一个机智、文雅的沟通者会做的事。
The broken record is I'm going to repeat the exact same word that I used a moment ago, “跳针”是我会重复和我前一刻用过的完全相同的字,
because that sends a very clear signal to the person to whom you're speaking that you are a professional, polished, powerful communicator. 因为那会向你正在交谈的人,传递出你是一个专业、文雅、有力的沟通者。这样一种非常清楚的信号。
And the way we would use these particular magic phrases is like this: for example, 而我们使用这些特定神奇短语的方法是像这样:例如,
let's say that you talk to the scheduler at work, and you say to the scheduler... 假使说你和工作上的人事管理专员对话,然后你跟专员说...
Now I'm saying scheduler rather than boss because I would wanna do a cost-benefit analysis before I might use any communication strategy with my boss. 我现在讲的是专员、而非老板,因为在我可能对我的老板运用任何沟通策略前,我会想先做个利弊分析。
But let's say that I'm just speaking to the scheduler,and I say, 但假使说我只是在和专员说话,而我说:
" Hi, Susan, I'd like to request the last week in May off for personal business." “嗨,Susan,因为私人事务,我想要请五月最后一星期的假。”
And she would have said to me, "You just had a week off in January." 然后她会对我说:“你一月才请过一星期的假。”
Remember, use one of your navigational magic phrases. 记得,用其中一个你的引导式神奇短语。
"That may be but I'd like to request the last week off in May for personal business." “也许是那样,但我因为私人事务想要请五月最后一星期的假。”
And she might say, "Asking a lot of time off these days, aren't you?" 而她可能说:“最近你请很多假,没错吧?”
And I can simply respond, keeping my cool and confidence, by again using that magic navigational phrase, 而我可以仅回答,保持我的冷静和自信,借着再一次使用神奇引导式短语回答:
"That may be but I'd like to request the last week off in May for personal business." “也许是那样,但我因为私人事务想要请五月最后一星期的假。”
And saying things like that three times in a row again sends a very clear message to the person that you are communicating with that, 而像那样连续三次表达事情,再次向你正在对话的人传递一个非常清楚的讯息:
"Don't test me. I'm not one of your rude communicators. I am polished, professional, and prepared." “别测试我。我不是你们那种无礼的沟通者之一。我是文雅、专业、且有备而来的。”
So we can use this in a variety of circumstances. 所以我们可以在各种情况运用这个。
Let's say that you're presenting an idea, and somebody tries to throw you off track. 假如说你正在表达一个构想,但有人试着让你离题。
Somebody throws a car in the wheels of your presentation, and says something like, "We tried that idea once already." 有人故意妨碍你的发言,并说一些像是:“我们已经试过那点子一次了”的话。
Remember "that may be but" and then keep going with what you say. 记住“也许是那样但...”然后继续你要说的。
The savvy, polished communicator is not easily knocked off message, 机智、文雅的沟通者不轻易被打断讯息,
and with those three magic phrases, you can navigate 7 back on horse and stay on the message. 而借着那三句神奇短语,你可以引回主导位置且继续停留在主要讯息上。
So for more of these tips, remember to subscribe 8 to this channel, check out powerdiversity.com, 想了解更多这些秘诀,记得订阅这个频道、逛逛 powerdiversity.com、
and write us at, write me at dan@powerdiversity.com with any questions you may have. 并写信给我们,写信给我到 dan@powerdiversity.com 询问任何你也许会有的问题。
If your organization could use any on-site training in customer service, eliminating negativity, professional communication skills, 如果你的机构可能会需要任何顾客服务、减少消极态度、专业沟通技巧方面的现场训练,
give us a call and we'll see what we can do for you. 拨通电话给我们,我们会看看能为您做些什么。
Keep tuning 9 in and make sure to share this with your friends, I'll see you next week. 别转台,然后务必分享这个给你的朋友,我们下周见。
n.鼓励,激励,提高;v.鼓励,使增强信心
- This will be a great boost to the economy.这对于经济发展将是一个巨大的促进。
- These changes will help to boost share prices.这些变化将有助于提高股票价格。
vt.驾驶,为…操舵;引导;vi.驾驶
- If you push the car, I'll steer it.如果你来推车,我就来驾车。
- It's no use trying to steer the boy into a course of action that suits you.想说服这孩子按你的方式行事是徒劳的。
ad.故意地,有意地
- I didn't say it intentionally. 我是无心说的。
- The local authority ruled that he had made himself intentionally homeless and was therefore not entitled to be rehoused. 当地政府裁定他是有意居无定所,因此没有资格再获得提供住房。
n.腌汁,泡菜;v.腌,泡
- Mother used to pickle onions.妈妈过去常腌制洋葱。
- Meat can be preserved in pickle.肉可以保存在卤水里。
adj.新手的,生手的
- As a novice writer,this is something I'm interested in.作为初涉写作的人,我对此很感兴趣。
- She realized that she was a novice.她知道自己初出茅庐。
v.知道,了解;n.理解能力,机智,悟性;adj.有见识的,懂实际知识的,通情达理的
- She was a pretty savvy woman.她是个见过世面的漂亮女人。
- Where's your savvy?你的常识到哪里去了?
v.航行,飞行;导航,领航
- He was the first man to navigate the Atlantic by air.他是第一个飞越大西洋的人。
- Such boats can navigate on the Nile.这种船可以在尼罗河上航行。
vi.(to)订阅,订购;同意;vt.捐助,赞助
- I heartily subscribe to that sentiment.我十分赞同那个观点。
- The magazine is trying to get more readers to subscribe.该杂志正大力发展新订户。
标签:
人文风情