什么事你最不能接受?
英语课
What is the most difficult thing to learn and accept about life?
生命中最难接受的事情是什么?
获得3.5k好评的回答:@Tom Wills
The hardest things for me to learn and accept have been:
我最不想学会和接受的事情有:
In relationships, being right is highly overrated.
感情上,总是高估了自己。
The universe doesn't care if I succeed or fail.
没有人在乎我成功或失败。
The biggest obstacle I have to overcome in pursuing success is myself.
我必须克服的最大的困难是战胜我自己。
Other people seldom see me the way I think they do, or the way I want them to.
没有人会在意我的看法,也没有人会听取我的意见。
I can't change you.
我改变不了你。
Nobody owes me anything.
没有人亏欠我什么。
I can't get the time back.
我不能让时光倒流。
I won't be here one day, and I have no idea when that day will come or how I'm going to exit this life.
总有一天我会死,但是我不知道那天什么时候来临,更不知道这辈子我要怎么过。
获得113好评的回答:@Dan Holliday
For me, the hardest things to learn in life have been:
我最不想学习和接受的事情有:
Learning to admit I'm wrong. And not just admit it to myself, but openly find the people that showed me I was wrong and then thanking them. The task of admitting we're wrong is already hard enough, but when compounded by my own obligation to find the person and say, "Hey, you were right. I was wrong." Make it painful sometimes. I would like to believe that I'm getting better, but it's a work in progress.
学着承认错误。不仅仅只是跟我自己承认错误,还有被别人指出了我的错误,我还要谢谢人家。承认错误的任务已经够艰难了,但是有时候我还必须去跟一个人说,“嘿,你是对的,我是错的。”有时候这很痛苦。我宁愿去相信我正在变好,但是要慢慢来。
In the same vein 1: changing my mind. We are creatures designed to be stubborn. Being feisty, stubborn and willful kept our ancestors alive. Being right was secondary. We circle ourselves with people who agree with us, we surround ourselves with media and reading that confirms our biases 2. It's really challenging to change our mind. I'm learning to do it. I am getting there because I spend immense effort in arguing against everything I believe and testing my assumptions as frequently as possible.
同样的还有一件事:改变我的想法。我们生来就很固执。争强好胜、固执,还有任性,都是代代相传的。是否正确还是次要的。我们和赞同自己的人组成小圈子,我们只听只读赞同我们偏见的媒体报道。改变我们的想法却是是个挑战。我正在学习。我就快成功了,因为我很努力地去争辩那些我相信的事情以及尽可能频繁地去验证我的设想。
Learning to let go. It's hard. We innately 3 want eternity 4. Our religions are obsessed 5 with this: "Don't worry, this isn't just a short life. You've got eternity later." We loathe 6 the notion that we're here then gone. I'm learning to let go of that delusion 7. I'm here, then I'm gone.
学会放手。这很难。我们生来就很执着。我们的信仰就是:“别担心,生命很长,你会得到永生的。”我们极其反感那种我们很快就会消失的观念。我正试着从那种错觉当中放手。活在当下。
n.血管,静脉;叶脉,纹理;情绪;vt.使成脉络
- The girl is not in the vein for singing today.那女孩今天没有心情唱歌。
- The doctor injects glucose into the patient's vein.医生把葡萄糖注射入病人的静脉。
偏见( bias的名词复数 ); 偏爱; 特殊能力; 斜纹
- Stereotypes represent designer or researcher biases and assumptions, rather than factual data. 它代表设计师或者研究者的偏见和假设,而不是实际的数据。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- The net effect of biases on international comparisons is easily summarized. 偏差对国际比较的基本影响容易概括。
adv.天赋地;内在地,固有地
- Innately conservative, Confucius was fascinated by the last of these disciplines. 由于生性保守,孔子特别推崇“礼”。 来自英汉非文学 - 文明史
- Different individuals are innately fitted for different kinds of employment. 不同的人适合不同的职业,这是天生的。 来自互联网
n.不朽,来世;永恒,无穷
- The dull play seemed to last an eternity.这场乏味的剧似乎演个没完没了。
- Finally,Ying Tai and Shan Bo could be together for all of eternity.英台和山伯终能双宿双飞,永世相随。
adj.心神不宁的,鬼迷心窍的,沉迷的
- He's obsessed by computers. 他迷上了电脑。
- The fear of death obsessed him throughout his old life. 他晚年一直受着死亡恐惧的困扰。
v.厌恶,嫌恶
- I loathe the smell of burning rubber.我厌恶燃着的橡胶散发的气味。
- You loathe the smell of greasy food when you are seasick.当你晕船时,你会厌恶油腻的气味。
标签:
阅读