金融行业英语最流行的口语
英语课
1. A goingconcern 赢利企业
Concern 在该习语中作名词,意思是“商行,企业”;go指“上涨。增涨”。A going concern是指“活跃或繁荣的企业或机构等”,意即“赢利企业,正在前进的企业”。例如:
A: What’s your overseas branch factory going? 你海外的分厂进展如何?
B: Not very good at first. It has been two years before it becomes a going concern. 开始不太理想,直到两年以后才开始赢利。
A: Once you break the ice, it will be better and better. 一旦打开局面,肯定会越来越好的。
B: I hope so. 但愿如此。
2. A leap in the dark 冒险举动
Leap的意思是“跳,跳跃”。在黑暗中跳跃确实是一种冒险的举动,因此该词组引申为“瞎闯,冒险举动”。例如:
His move to America was a leap in the dark.(他迁居美洲是件冒险的事。)
A: Are you sure you can make profits out of the investment 1? 你确信这次投资一定能获利吗?
B: I am not sure. It’s only a leap in the dark. 我也没有把握。这只是一次冒险。
A: And it’s the only chance for you to lead yourcompany out of difficulties, isn’t it? 而且这也是你带领公司走出困境的唯一机会,是吗?
B: Yeah. So I have to have a try. 是的。所以我必须一试。
n.投资,投资额;(时间、精力等的)投入
- It took two years before I recouped my investment.我用了两年时间才收回投资。
- The success of the project pivots on investment from abroad.这个工程的成功主要依靠外来投资。
标签:
金融英语