听歌学英语:寂寞水晶灯 Chandelier
Party girls don't get hurt,can’t feel anything,
派对女孩不会受伤 毫无感觉
When will I learn
我何时才吸取教训?
I push it down, push it down
我强压自己的感情 强压着
I’m the one “for a good time call”
我就是那“约炮来找我”的女孩
Phone’s blowin’ up, they’re ringin’ my doorbell
电话在疯响 门铃被按爆
I feel the love, feel the love
我感受到爱 我感受到爱
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink
123,123,喝吧
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink
123,123,喝吧
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink
123,123,喝吧
Throw 'em back, till I lose count
酒瓶扔过去 直到我再也数不清
I’m gonna swing
我要旋转
From the chandelier
从吊灯上
From the chandelier
从吊灯上
I’m gonna live
我要活在当下
Like tomorrow doesn’t exist
如同明天将是世界末日
Like it doesn’t exist
就如我不复存在
I’m gonna fly
我要高飞
like a bird through the night
就如小鸟划破夜空
feel my tears as they dry
触摸我已干的泪痕
I’m gonna swing
我要旋转
From the chandelier
从吊灯上
From the chandelier
从吊灯上
And I’m holding on for dear life
但我要珍惜宝贵的生命
won’t look down won’t open my eyes
不再往回看 闭起双眼
Keep my glass full until morning light
一直酒醉直到天漏白光
’Cause I’m just holding on for tonight
我今夜要活下去
Help me, I’m holding on for dear life
救救我 我要珍惜宝贵的生命
won’t look down won’t open my eyes
不再往回看 闭起双眼
Keep my glass full until morning light
一直酒醉直到天漏白光
’Cause I’m just holding on for tonight
我今夜要活下去
报应:Payback, Karma
a drop in the bucket,表示无关紧要,沧海一粟;九牛一毛;冰山一角
The amount being spent on scientific research is a drop in the bucket.花在科学研究上的费用是微不足道的。
Six millon gallons of gas was still a drop in the bucket compared to our overall 1 fuel needs.与我们对燃料的总需求相比较,六百万加仑汽油依然是杯水车薪。
(go/was)over the top 超过最高点,意义就是‘过分了,夸大了,肆无忌惮的,毫无节制的’
Of course, the students need to be disciplined, but what their teacher did was over the top. You cannot make thirteen-year-olds line up all afternoon in the hot sun. That's what they do to prisoners of war.学生当然需要管教,但是他们的老师做得也太过份了。你不能让13岁的孩子们排着队在那么热的太阳底下站一下午, 这是对待战俘的做法。
finish sb/sth (off)(某事) 结束; <非正>杀死; 毁掉; (某物) 吃光;
However hungry I am, I never seem to be able to finish off a whole pizza.不管我有多饿,但是从来都好像吃不完一整个披萨。
strike it rich: to acquire wealth suddenly一夜暴富;发大财。
If I could strike it rich, I wouldn't have to work anymore. 如果我可以一夜暴富,我就不用工作了。
Sally ordered a dozen oysters 2 and found a huge pearl 3 in one of them. She struck it rich! Sally点了一打牡蛎,然后在其中的一只里面发现了一颗很大的钻石。她就这样一夜暴富了。
Don ’ t look for shortcuts 4 or try to strike it rich overnight 5 with the latest hot investment 6 tip.不要指望走捷径,也不要寄望于通过得到最新的热点投资信息一夜暴富。
rags to riches 的意思是“从一贫如洗到富有”、“白手起家,从头开始打拼”的意思。rag 的意思是“破布”,在习语中指“贫穷”。
After winning the lottery 7 jackpot, he went from rags to riches overnight. 赢了乐透头彩后,他一夕之间从一贫如洗变成富翁。
By means of corruption 8, some officials jumped from rags to riches. 一些官员藉著官场的舞弊,从贫穷变富有。
The story is about a young girl from the country who went from rags to riches. 故事讲的是一个乡下姑娘白手起家由穷致富的经历。
You get what you pay for 便宜无好货
You pay your money and you take your chances. 这事的风险需自担,钱虽付了,结果不由你控制。
- The shop assistant was wearing a white overall.那店员穿着白色的工作服。
- How much will it cost overall?一共多少钱?
- We don't have oysters tonight, but the crayfish are very good. 我们今晚没有牡蛎供应。但小龙虾是非常好。
- She carried a piping hot grill of oysters and bacon. 她端出一盘滚烫的烤牡蛎和咸肉。
- He bought his girlfriend a pearl necklace.他给他女朋友买了一条珍珠项链。
- The crane and the mother-of-pearl fight to death.鹬蚌相争。
- In other words, experts want shortcuts to everything. 换句话说,专家需要所有的快捷方式。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- Offer shortcuts from the Help menu. 在帮助菜单中提供快捷方式。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- She stayed overnight in the hotel. 她在旅馆过了一夜。
- Our success is not won overnight. 我们的成功不是一夜之间得来的。
- It took two years before I recouped my investment.我用了两年时间才收回投资。
- The success of the project pivots on investment from abroad.这个工程的成功主要依靠外来投资。
- He won no less than £5000 in the lottery.他居然中了5000英镑的奖券。
- They thought themselves lucky in the lottery of life.他们认为自己是变幻莫测的人生中的幸运者。
- The people asked the government to hit out against corruption and theft.人民要求政府严惩贪污盗窃。
- The old man reviled against corruption.那老人痛斥了贪污舞弊。