金融英语考试口语复习指导:旅游支票兑现
英语课
Margaret Morris wants to cash some traveller’s checks at thelocal office of the Higashi Bank 。
马格丽特·莫里斯想在东银行的地方分行兑现几张旅游支票。
Clerk:Hello!May I help you ?
职员:您好,您有什么事情需要我帮忙吗?
Morris:Yes,I hope so .I need some more cash for my visit in Japan .May I cash a traveller’s checkhere?
莫里斯:是的,我想是这样。我还需要些现金供我在(日本)这是游览时使用,我可以在这里兑现旅游支票吗?
C:Of course ,we’d be happy to cash it for you 。
职员:当然可以,我很乐意为您兑现。
M:I was going to cash it at the hotel ,but one of my friends said that banks always give betterexchange rates.
莫里斯:我本来打算在旅馆兑现,但我的一个朋友说银行通常有高一点的兑现率。
I’m a school teacher and I have to save every penny 1 I can.
我是个教师,我不得不尽可能节省每一文钱。
C:Well,any bank will cash it at our present traveller’s check-buying rate which we have listed here 。
职员:噢,任何银行都将按照现时买入旅游支票的兑换率来兑现。这个兑换率我们已经列在这里了。
Of course ,our rate is somewhat 2 better than that at hotels because of the service charge 。
当然,因为手续费的差异,我们的兑换率比旅馆的稍微高些。
You see ,hotels aren’t really in the money exchange business although they will cash traveller’schecks for their guests.
您知道,旅馆虽然为他们的客人兑换旅游支票,但他们并不是专门从事货币兑换业务。
M:You mean there’s really not much of a difference ?
莫里斯:您是说,实际上银行与旅馆的兑换率并不存在很大差距。
C:No ,ma’am ,not very much 。
职员:是的,夫人,差距并不很大。
M:Well ,may I cash these two checks for $100 each ?I think that will be enough 。
莫里斯:那么,我可以把每张为100美元的两张支票兑现吗?我想该够用了。
But everything is so expensive in Toyko that I might have to come back and cash another one ina few days.
但是在东京什么东西都这样贵,致几天之内这可能还得回来兑现另一张支票。
C:Yes,I’ll be happy to cash these for you .Would you please countersign 3 them here?
职员:好的,我很高兴为您兑现支票。请您将支票副签一下。
M:There you are 。
莫里斯:给您。
C:And will you please sign this foreign exchange request?
职员:请您在这张外汇申请表上签字,好吗?
I’ve already written down your name and address for you.But I will read your passport number.
我已经为您写好了姓名和住址,但我还得看一下您的护照号码。
n.(英)便士,美分
- I will not lent you a penny.我一便士都不愿借给你。
- Sugar has risen a penny a pound.糖价每磅涨了1便士。
pron.一些,某物;adv.多少,几分
- The cake we made was somewhat of a failure.我们做的蛋糕不大成功。
- The two office buildings are somewhat alike in appearance.这两座办公楼在外形上有点相似。
v.副署,会签
- Traveller's check need countersign.旅行支票要复签。
- Enclosed is our contract No.345 in duplicate,of which please return us one copy,duly countersign.随函附上我方第345号合同一式两分,请会签并回寄一份。