【大家说英语】 第294期:爆胎了!
英语课
Lesson 11 Talk About It 第十一课 主题讨论
November 25 11月25日
The Flat Tire 1 爆胎了!
Mickey loved to play the guitar. 米奇喜欢弹吉他,
He needed some new strings 2. 他需要买几条新弦。
He could 3 walk to the music store 4. 他可以走路到乐器行去,
But if he borrowed 5 his friend's bike, he could get there faster. 可是如果借朋友的脚踏车,他就可以快一点抵达。
Mickey went to his friend's home, but he wasn't there. 米奇到了朋友家,可是他不在家。
Mickey called his phone, but there was 7 no answer. 米奇拨了他的手机,可是没有人接。
"I'll borrow 6 the bike and bring it back before he notices," Mickey thought 9. “我就直接把脚踏车骑走,在他发现之前骑回来就好了,”米奇心想。
So he took 10 the bike without permission 11. 于是,他没有征得同意就把脚踏车骑走了。
In ten minutes, Mickey was at the music store. 才花十分钟,米奇就到了乐器行。
He tried one of the guitars at the store. 他试弹店里的一把吉他,
The owner 12 came 13 over to him. 老板走了过来,
"Hey, Mickey, maybe you can work here next summer. “嘿,米奇,说不定你明年夏天可以来这里工作,
Then you can earn 14 money to buy this guitar." 这样你就可以赚钱买这把吉他。”
"That would 15 be great," said 16 Mickey. “这样就太好了。”米奇说,
"Right now I only have enough money for new guitar strings," Mickey said. “现在我的钱只够买新的吉他弦。”米奇说。
He bought the strings and started for home. 他买了弦后,就动身回家。
On the way, Mickey got 17 a flat tire. 在路上,脚踏车有一个轮胎爆胎了,
He had 18 to push 19 the bike and walk the rest of the way home. 剩下的路途米奇只好推着脚踏车走回去。
He didn't know what to do. 他不知道该怎么办,
Should he return 20 the bike and not say anything? 他该把脚踏车放回去,然后什么也不说吗?
Should he tell his friend? 还是他该告诉他的朋友?
He didn't want to upset 21 his friend. 他不想惹恼他的朋友,
Mickey didn't have enough time to get a new tire. 可是米奇也没有足够的时间去换新胎。
His friend would notice 8 the bike was gone. 他的朋友一定会发现脚踏车不见了。
What should he do? 他该怎么办?
What would you do? 你会怎么办?
n.轮胎,金属圈;vt.使疲倦,厌烦;vi.疲劳
- I never tire of listening to music.我对音乐百听不厌。
- The tire blew out on my way to work.在我开车上班的路上车胎爆裂了。
n.弦
- He sat on the bed,idly plucking the strings of his guitar.他坐在床上,随意地拨着吉他的弦。
- She swept her fingers over the strings of the harp.她用手指划过竖琴的琴弦。
v.能,可能(can的过去式);aux.v.(can的过去式)能;可以
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
n.商店,贮藏,仓库;v.储存,贮藏,供给
- The shoe store is across from the bank.鞋店在银行对面。
- Some food won't store.有些食物不能贮存。
adj.借来的
- I feel honor bound to repay the money I borrowed. 我觉得有责任归还我借的钱。
- I have left the watch as pledge for borrowed money. 我留下这块手表作为借款的抵押物。
vt.借,借入,借用;vi.借
- Can I borrow two books at a time?我可以一次借两本书吗?
- You can borrow this dictionary from the library.你可以从图书馆借到这本字典。
n.通知,布告;注意,认识;vt.看到,注意到
- Post this notice on the wall.把这个通知贴在墙上。
- I didn't notice you when you passed by.你走过时,我没有注意到你。
n.想法,思想,思维,思潮,关心,挂念;v.vbl.think的过去式和过去分词
- It was just a thought.这仅仅是一个想法。
- She thought he had a cold.她认为他感冒了。
vt.带,载(take的过去式)
- I took my dog for a walk along the river.我带着狗沿那条河散步。
- It took me about two hours to cook the meat.我花了大约两个小时来煮这些肉。
n.许可;同意;许可证
- You were wrong to take the car without permission.你未经许可就把车开走是不应该的。
- With your permission I'll leave now.有你的允许,我这就离开。
n.拥有者;所有者
- They decided to give it back to its owner.他们决定把它归还原主。
- Do you know the name of the owner?你知道主人的名字吗?
v.动词come的过去式
- I was surprised why he came here so early.他为什么那么早到这里,我很惊奇。
- The doctor came in time to save his life.医生及时来抢救他的生命。
v.嫌得;挣得
- Nowadays it is very easy to earn a living.现今谋生很容易。
- I expect it to earn its cost in less than three years.我希望它在3年内赚回成本。
aux.will的过去式;愿,要;常常;大概;将要,会
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
v.动词say的过去式、过去分词
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
v.(get的过去式)得到,猜到,明白
- I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
- I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
vbl.have的过去式和过去分词;conj.有
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
vt.推;使突出,使伸出,使延伸;大力推进,推行;通过,促使;vi.推;推进;伸展
- Don't push against me!别推我!
- If you always push him too hard,he may make mistakes.要是你总逼他太紧,他可能会出错。
vi.返回,回来;送还;回复,恢复;vt.归还,送还;n.返回,归来;偿还,归还;回复
- I'll return at 10 this evening.我今晚十点回来。
- I often return in dreams to my hometown.我常常在梦中回到我的故乡。
标签:
大家说英语