TED演讲:关于人性名利和爱(1)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
I'm a movie star, I'm 51 years of age, and I don't use Botox as yet. 我是一位电影明星,今年51岁了。但我还不到要打肉毒杆菌的地步。
So I'm clean, but I do behave like you saw like a 21-year-old in my movies. Yeah, I do that. 尽管如此,我戏里戏外都当自己21岁,对,没错。
I sell dreams, and I peddle 1 love to millions of people back home in India who assume that I'm the best lover in the world. 我贩卖梦想,也向数百万的印度人传递着爱,他们都相信我是这个世界上最棒的梦中情人。
If you don't tell anyone, I'm going to tell you I'm not, but I never let that assumption 2 go away. 偷偷告诉你,其实我不是,但是我宁可大家一直相信这个误会。
I've also been made to understand there are lots of you here who haven't seen my work, and I feel really sad for you. 我也听说,今天在座的很多人,从来没看过我的电影,我真为你们感到遗憾。
That doesn't take away from the fact that I'm completely self-obsessed, as a movie star should be. 好吧,我承认我是有些自恋,搞得好像电影明星本来都这么自以为是似的。
That's when my friends, Chris and Juliet called me here to speak about the future "you." 这就是为什么我的朋友,克里斯和朱莉叶,找我来这里来聊聊未来的“你们”。
Naturally, it follows I'm going to speak about the present me. 自然而然地,我就要先聊聊现在的“我"。
Because I truly believe that humanity 3 is a lot like me. 因为我真的相信,人性和我很像。
It is. It is. It's an aging movie star, grappling with all the newness around itself, 它就是。就像是一个正在老去的电影明星,一边要想着与周围的新生事物抗争,
wondering whether it got it right in the first place, and still trying to find a way to keep on shining regardless. 一边又要考虑自己从一开始到底学得对不对,还要想办法保持我表面的光鲜亮丽。
vt.(沿街)叫卖,兜售;宣传,散播
- She loves to peddle gossip round the village.她喜欢在村里到处说闲话。
- Street vendors peddle their goods along the sidewalk.街头摊贩沿著人行道兜售他们的商品。
n.假定,臆断,担任,承担
- We mistook assumption that the price would fall.我们错误地认为价格会下降。
- I would question the validity of that assumption.我会质疑那个假设的正当性。
标签:
TED演讲