TED演讲:曝光政府腐败的战斗(5)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
In our day, we have digitization. That strips all the physical mass out of information, 现在我们有了数据电子化。这把信息从成堆成堆的状况下解救出来,
so now it's almost zero cost to copy and share information. 所以现在拷贝分享信息已近乎零花费。
Our printing press is the Internet. Our coffee houses are social networks. 我们的“出版社”就是网络。我们的“咖啡屋”就是社交网络。
We're moving to what I would think of as a fully 1 connected system, 我认为,我们已经进入完全连接的世界,
and we have global decisions to make in this system, decisions about climate, about finance systems, about resources. 我们可以在这个世界做出全球化的决定,做出关于气候、金融系统以及资源分配的决定。
And think about it -- if we want to make an important decision about buying a house, we don't just go off. 想想吧,如果我们做买房子这样重要的决定,我们不是立即就做决定。
I mean, I don't know about you, but I want to see a lot of houses before I put that much money into it. 虽然我不知道你们会不会,但在投入大量资金之前我还想多看些房子。
And if we're thinking about a finance system, we need a lot of information to take in. 如果我们在考虑金融方面的问题,我们也需要很多信息。
It's just not possible for one person to take in the amount, the volume of information, and analyze 2 it to make good decisions. 如果只让一个人了解很多信息,再分析信息作出决定,是不现实的。
So that's why we're seeing increasingly this demand for access to information. 因此,对获取信息的要求才越来越多。
That's why we're starting to see more disclosure laws come out, 所以我们才有了那么多的公开法出现,
so for example, on the environment, there's the Aarhus Convention, 比如,在环境方面有《阿尔胡斯公约》
which is a European directive that gives people a very strong right to know, 这个欧洲的指令给力人们巨大的信息权,
so if your water company is dumping water into your river, sewage water into your river, you have a right to know about it. 如果你的自来水公司倒污水到河里,你有权利知道。
In the finance industry, you now have more of a right to know about what's going on, 在金融业,你有更多权利知道业界进展,
so we have different anti-bribery laws, money regulations, 有反贿赂法规,金钱规章,
increased corporate 3 disclosure, so you can now track assets across borders. 逐渐增加的公司透明法规,所以现在你可以跨国查看财产了。
And it's getting harder to hide assets, tax avoidance, pay inequality. So that's great. 而私藏财产,逃税,区别薪酬是越来越难了。这当然很好。
We're starting to find out more and more about these systems. 我们开始发现这个系统里面的更多信息。
adv.完全地,全部地,彻底地;充分地
- The doctor asked me to breathe in,then to breathe out fully.医生让我先吸气,然后全部呼出。
- They soon became fully integrated into the local community.他们很快就完全融入了当地人的圈子。
vt.分析,解析 (=analyse)
- We should analyze the cause and effect of this event.我们应该分析这场事变的因果。
- The teacher tried to analyze the cause of our failure.老师设法分析我们失败的原因。
标签:
TED演讲