职场十大恶习 你有没有
英语课
Second Guess Decisions
举棋不定
Few decisions cannot be changed later if needed. Better to take action that wallow in inaction。
决定往往是可以在往后更改的,如果有这个必要的话。所以,与其举棋不定,不如勇往直前。
Waste Time at the Proverbial Water-cooler
在茶水间浪费时间
Some people waste a large percentage of their day “chatting it up” in the workplace. Instead, get your work done, and get out。
很多人会把一大块工作时间浪费在茶水间里和别人八卦。应该这样做:接完水,转身出门,坐回到位子上去。
Check Email 50 Times
不停刷新邮箱
I love it when someone asks, “Did you get my email?” Um, when did you send it? “Like 10 minutes ago。” No. No, I didn’t. Check email periodically 1 when it makes sense in your schedule. And turn off those new mail dings and notifications。
最喜欢别人这样问我:“收到我的邮件没?” 额,你什么时候发的?“10分钟前。”不,我没收到。只有新邮件内容在我的日程安排上很重要时,我才会定时刷新邮箱。关掉新邮件提醒。
Answer the Phone
随时接听电话
I won’t answer the phone while in the middle of something, meeting with someone else, or especially if I don’t know who is calling。
我不会在做正事的半途中接听电话,比如开会、会谈;若来电的是个陌生号码,则更不会接听。
Wait For the Perfect Plan
待到万事俱备只欠东风时才行动
A good plan now, always beats a perfect plan next week. Circumstances are never going to be perfect. Don’t wait。
今天有一个好计划,远胜于下周可能会产生的更完美计划。周遭环境永远不会变得百分百合心意,所以,还等什么呢?行动吧。
Attend Unnecessary Meetings
参加不必要的会议
Meetings are the single biggest time-waster in the workplace. Practice the “right to decline” when you do not need to be in attendance 2。
会议无疑是工作中最浪费时间的项目。当面对不必要的会议时,试着学会去合理地拒绝。
Work During Meetings
在开会时工作
I will check my tech at the door during meetings. No open laptops. No phones or tablets 3. And no, you can’t work during my meeting either。
我通常会在会议间隙查看电子设备。开会时,我不开笔记本、不看手机、不用平板电脑。同样,别人在参加我的会议时,也要做到这一点。
Put If Off
拖延症
When it comes to the tasks I don’t want to do, I will adopt a “Just Do It Now” attitude. Do those unsavory tasks early in the day and get them out-of-the-way。
当遇到我不想做的任务时,我会带着“所幸现在就把它做完吧”的态度去做。把不喜欢的事情迅速解决掉,接下来的时间里你就可以眼不见心不烦了。
Take On Unnecessary Tasks
接受不必要的任务指派
I will say “No” where appropriate to tasks that are outside my domain 4. After all, you can’t get your work done if you are doing everyone else’s job。
面对我职责范围以外的任务,我会果断说“不”。毕竟,如果连自己的事都没做好,又怎么能去做别的事呢?
Start Before I Finish
半途而废
I will complete tasks to done, before starting new ones. Better to have finished the few important ones, that to have started lots of little ones。
一个任务没完成以前,我不会开始做新的。先把最重要的几件事做完,剩下的零碎琐事就好办了。
ad.周期性地,定期地
- The geyser erupts periodically. 间歇泉周期性地喷发。
- Economic crises recur periodically. 经济危机周期性地发生。
n.出席,出席人数,护理,照料
- The attendance of this class never dropped off.这个班的出席人数从未下降。
- The young man danced attendance on his rich aunt.这个年轻人小心侍候他有钱的姑妈。
n.药片( tablet的名词复数 );(木、竹)简;碑;一块肥皂
- The tablets may make you feel drowsy. 这药片可能会使你昏昏欲睡。
- Take two tablets with water before meals. 每次两片,饭前用水冲服。
标签:
职场英语