2013年美国好声音 Walking In Memphis - Patrick Dodd
时间:2019-02-11 作者:英语课 分类:The Voice 美国好声音
第一段:
Put on my blue suede 1 shoes 穿着我的蓝色羊绒鞋
And I boarded the plane 我登上了飞机
Touched down in the land of the Delta 2 Blues 3 在南方布鲁斯音乐之乡着陆
In the middle of the pouring rain 外面正下着瓢泼大雨
W.C. Handy -- won't you look down over me 威廉·克里斯托弗·汉迪(布鲁斯音乐家)[1] ,你不会看不上我
Yeah I got a first class ticket 对,我是坐头等舱来的
But I'm as blue as a boy can be 但是我却像一个迷惘的孩子一样忧伤[2]
副歌:
Then I'm walking in Memphis 我漫步在孟菲斯
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale 我走在比尔街上的双脚似乎已经悬空
Walking in Memphis 我漫步在孟菲斯
But do I really feel the way I feel 可是我不清楚我对这一切的感觉是否还算真实
第二段:
Saw the ghost of Elvis 我 看到了猫王的魂魄
On Union Avenue 那魂魄游荡在尤尼昂大道上
Followed him up to the gates of Graceland 我跟随他来到了雅园(猫王的住所)的门口
Then I watched him walk right through 我看到他走进门去
Now security they did not see him 门口的保安没看到他
They just hovered 4 'round his tomb 他们只负责保卫猫王的坟墓
But there's a pretty little thing 但是在丛林之屋(雅园里的一间屋)
Waiting for the King 有一个不错的东西
Down in the Jungle Room 正等待着猫王[2]
重复副歌
桥段:
They've got catfish 5 on the table 餐桌上摆上了鳟鱼
They've got gospel in the air 福音在空中环绕
And Reverend Green be glad to see you 格林神父(宗教歌手阿尔伯特·格林的昵称)[3] 很热情地说:“很高兴见到你”
When you haven't got a prayer “如果你从来没祈祷过”
But boy you've got a prayer in Memphis “那就在孟菲斯开始祈祷吧”[2]
第三段:
Now Muriel plays piano 穆里尔(一位宗教音乐歌手)弹着钢琴
Every Friday at the Hollywood 在好莱坞咖啡店(位于猫王家附近),每周五都如此[4]
And they brought me down to see her 他们带我去见穆里尔
And they asked me if I would -- 然后他们问我是否一起唱圣歌
Do a little number 我试着唱了唱
And I sang with all my might 我用尽了全力
And she said -- 然后她问
"Tell me are you a Christian 6 child?" “告诉我,你是不是基督徒?”
And I said "Ma'am I am tonight" 我说,“今晚起我就是了,女士”[2]
重复副歌
尾声:
Put on my blue suede shoes 穿着我的蓝色羊绒鞋
And I boarded the plane 我登上了飞机
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues 在南方布鲁斯音乐之乡着陆
In the middle of the pouring rain 外面正下着瓢泼大雨
- I'm looking for a suede jacket.我想买一件皮制茄克。
- Her newly bought suede shoes look very fashionable.她新买的翻毛皮鞋看上去非常时尚。
- He has been to the delta of the Nile.他曾去过尼罗河三角洲。
- The Nile divides at its mouth and forms a delta.尼罗河在河口分岔,形成了一个三角洲。
- She was in the back of a smoky bar singing the blues.她在烟雾弥漫的酒吧深处唱着布鲁斯歌曲。
- He was in the blues on account of his failure in business.他因事业失败而意志消沉。
- A hawk hovered over the hill. 一只鹰在小山的上空翱翔。
- A hawk hovered in the blue sky. 一只老鹰在蓝色的天空中翱翔。
- Huge catfish are skinned and dressed by hand.用手剥去巨鲇的皮并剖洗干净。
- We gigged for catfish off the pier.我们在码头以鱼叉叉鲶鱼。