[双语] 婆婆心里话大揭秘盘点
英语课
1.When I really want to talk to my son privately 1, I don't call your house. I call his cell phone。
我要是真想跟我儿子说点私密话的话,我不会往你们家打电话,我会打他的手机。
2.I spent a couple of decades being the leading lady; now I have acharacter role. It hurts to be downsized。
我花了几十年的时间才成为女主角,现在一下子又有个特定角色了,被压低的感觉很伤人。
3.I know he's your husband now, but he's still my son。
我知道他现在是你老公了,那也是我儿子啊。
4.You don't seem very confident about yourself. The littlest comment from me is taken as a criticism 2, so I'm very careful what I say around you。
你对自己不太自信啊,从我嘴里说出来的一点点评论都变成批评了,所以在你身边说话我得加倍小心。
5.I've bought and sold 13 houses in my life. Why won't you ask for my advice?
我这辈子买卖了13所房子,你咋不来问问我的建议呢?
6.When I visit you, I'm not coming for a white-glove inspection 3. I'm just coming to see the family。
当我来看你的时候,我不是来戴白手套检查的,我只是来看我的家人。
7.My dirty little secret: I'm afraid that if I don't get this right,my son will cut me off。
我的那点小秘密:我很怕如果我做的不好的话,儿子就不要我了。
8.We mothers say to our children, "I want you to be happy." And we mean that. What we don't say is, "But I would like to be happy too."
我们妈妈都会告诉孩子,“我希望你开心。”我们的确是这么想的,但是我们没说的是,“我自己也想开心点。”
adv.以私人的身份,悄悄地,私下地
- Some ministers admit privately that unemployment could continue to rise.一些部长私下承认失业率可能继续升高。
- The man privately admits that his motive is profits.那人私下承认他的动机是为了牟利。
n.批评,批判,指责;评论,评论文章
- Some youth today do not allow any criticism at all.现在有些年轻人根本指责不得。
- It is wrong to turn a deaf ear to other's criticism.对别人的批评充耳不闻是错误的。
n.检查,审查,检阅
- On random inspection the meat was found to be bad.经抽查,发现肉变质了。
- The soldiers lined up for their daily inspection by their officers.士兵们列队接受军官的日常检阅。
标签:
双语阅读