再次发飙! 菲律宾总统扬言要与美国断交!
英语课
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said last Tuesday that he would "eventually" cut ties with the United States.
菲律宾总统罗德里戈·杜特尔特在上周二表示,他将“最终”切断和美国的联系。
Duterte again hit out at the United States and its president, the European Union and the United Nations for using human rights to criticize his campaign to curb 1 the illicit 2 drug menace in the Philippines.
杜特尔特又一次抨击了美国及美国总统、欧盟以及联合国,指责他们用人权来批评自己在菲律宾遏制毒品威胁的行动。
"I am very emotional because America has certainly failed us," Duterte added.
杜特尔特说道:“我心里很不好受,因为美国辜负了我们。”
再次发飙! 菲律宾总统扬言要与美国断交!
"I will be re-configuring my foreign policy," Duterte said in a speech before the Jewish Association of the Philippines in Makati City.
杜特尔特在菲律宾马卡蒂市犹太人协会前发表讲话时表示:“我将重新设定我的外交政策。”
He added, "Eventually I might in my time break up with America. I would rather go to Russia and to China. "
他补充说道:“最终我可能会在我的任期内和美国断交。我宁愿与中国和俄罗斯交好。”
In another speech earlier, Duterte vowed 3 to continue the war on drugs amidst the "hypocrisy 4" of the US, the EU and the UN.
在今年稍早时候的另一场演讲中,杜特尔特曾誓言,即使在美国、欧盟和联合国的“虚伪”的包围之下,也要继续进行打击毒品的战争。
"I will not stop despite the hypocrisy of the EU, and America and Obama. They seem to refuse to understand," Duterte said.
当时杜特尔特表示:“我将不理会欧盟、美国和奥巴马的伪善,而将继续打击毒品。他们似乎不想了解菲律宾的情况。”
n.场外证券市场,场外交易;vt.制止,抑制
- I could not curb my anger.我按捺不住我的愤怒。
- You must curb your daughter when you are in church.你在教堂时必须管住你的女儿。
adj.非法的,禁止的,不正当的
- He had an illicit association with Jane.他和简曾有过不正当关系。
- Seizures of illicit drugs have increased by 30% this year.今年违禁药品的扣押增长了30%。
起誓,发誓(vow的过去式与过去分词形式)
- He vowed quite solemnly that he would carry out his promise. 他非常庄严地发誓要实现他的诺言。
- I vowed to do more of the cooking myself. 我发誓自己要多动手做饭。
标签:
菲律宾