没有WiFi就会疯?断网24小时你会做什么?
英语课
Life is good when you're off the grid 1. Ditching your devices gives your brain a much-needed rest.
不上网的生活也是不错的。丢掉你的电子产品可以让大脑必要地休息一下。
We've rounded up a list of activities you can do without your devices. The best part? They all benefit your well-being 2.
我们给你列出了很多没有电子产品你能做的事,最重要的就是都会给你带来幸福感。
没有WiFi就会疯?断网24小时你会做什么?
1. Go for a walk outside.
出去散步。
It's good for your mood and your mind. Research shows walking in nature may ease depressive symptoms. Giving your brain a break and spending time outdoors might help you retain information better.
散步对你的情绪和思想有好处。研究表明在大自然中散步可以缓解沮丧,让大脑放松一下,花点时间待在户外有助于提高记忆力。
2. Take a trip down memory lane.
回忆人生轨迹。
Go through old photos -- no, not the ones in your camera roll -- and let yourself reminisce about years past. Research suggests nostalgia 3 boosts feelings of optimism.
回忆过往,不是翻相机里的照片,而是让你自己沉浸在过去的日子里。研究表明怀旧可以培养乐观情绪。
3. Volunteer.
做志愿者。
It's not only good for the community, it's good for your health as well. Volunteering has been linked to a longer life and reduced stress. Research also shows that acts of kindness boost your happiness levels.
这不仅是为社会做好事,也对你的健康有好处。志愿者工作会使人长寿,还能减压。研究也表明善举能提高你的幸福感。
4. Share a meal with loved ones.
和你爱的人吃顿饭。
Log some real face time with your BFFs at lunch or take your parents out to dinner, distraction 4 free. Research shows shared meals can increase connection and have a host of other health benefits.
记录下和你最好的朋友们面对面共进午餐的时刻或带父母出去吃顿晚饭,远离让你们分心的东西。研究表明一起吃饭可以增进感情,对健康来说好处多多。
5. Try a new exercise class.
尝试一种新的锻炼。
Or if that's not your thing, a new workout. Getting active is one of the best things you could do for yourself mentally and physically 5. Go to Zumba, run a new route or try exercising with a partner.
如果这不是你的菜,那就当是一个新的尝试。积极参与是改善精神和身体状况的最好方法之一。试试尊巴舞、找一条新的跑步路线或找个人陪你一起锻炼。
6. Write in a journal.
写日记。
Scribble 6 down what you're grateful for (it boosts your outlook!) or just jot 7 down how you're feeling. It's also a cathartic 8 outlet 9: Research shows that writing down negative thoughts and physically throwing them away can help clear your mind.
匆匆记下你所感激的事(这会改变你的心态!),或只是简单写下自己的感受。你可以以此来宣泄,研究表明把消极的想法写在纸上然后丢掉能帮你保持清醒。
7. Head to a museum.
去趟博物馆。
Immerse yourself in culture and learn something new about art or history at a local museum. Research suggests that learning can lead to better longevity 10. Education doesn't have to remain inside of a college campus.
在当地博物馆沉浸到文化中,学点关于艺术或历史的新知识。研究表明学习能延长寿命,教育当然不只局限于大学校园内。
8. Meditate 11.
冥想。
Sit in silence. The activity can leave you feeling less stressed, positively 12 change your brain and make you more compassionate 13 if practiced regularly. Today may be the day you finally start a meditation 14 routine -- and stick to it.
安静地坐着。这会使你感觉放松,很好地改变精神状态,经常练习会使你更富有同情心。今天可能就是你终于开启冥想之路的日子,一定要坚持呦!
9. Try your hand at coloring.
试试涂色。
Coloring is no longer just for kids. The activity has been shown to reduce stress and relax your mind. Pick up those pencils and start getting creative.
涂色不只适合孩子。人们认为这个活动能够减压,让人放松心情。挑选几支铅笔开始创作吧!
10. Cook a meal.
做顿饭。
What better time to try a challenging recipe than when you actually, you know, have time? Not only that, you'll be consuming fewer calories and eating healthier. Try one of these mouthwatering recipes.
还有比这更好的机会尝试一下烹饪吗?你知道,你现在正好有时间。不仅如此,你摄取的热量会更少,吃得也更健康,试着做一道让人垂涎的菜吧。
11. Do some people watching.
观察别人。
You never know what kind of connection you could make when you're not staring at your screen. Cultivating a sense of curiosity about the world and the people around you may benefit your emotional health.
你永远不知道不盯着电脑屏幕时会发现什么。培养对世界和周围人的好奇心会对你的精神健康有好处。
12. Do some yoga.
做瑜伽。
Try a few sun salutations or just a few simple stretches. Either way, you're helping 15 your health. Research shows the practice has some serious mind-body benefits.
尝试几种“拜日式”的动作或几个简单的伸展动作都会对你的健康有好处。研究表明瑜伽对精神和身体都大有好处。
13. Read a book.
读书。
Lose yourself in a narrative 16 that takes you away from your current reality. There are plenty of perks 17 to reading: Studies show it can relax you and keep your brain sharp.
让你自己沉浸于把你带离现实的叙述中,读书还有很多额外的好处:研究表明它能使你放松、保持思维敏捷。
14. Watch the sun set.
看日落。
Immerse yourself in a moment of awe 18. Research suggests that periods of wonder can boost your emotional well-being. Take in the sunset without Instagramming it.
沉浸于那一令人惊叹的时刻。研究表明这一景观会提升你的幸福感。你只需享受,不用想着还要传到Instagram上。
15. Teach yourself a new language.
自学一门外语。
OK, this may be a little ambitious, but when else are you going to start? Bonus points if you try this activity in the evening: Research shows you better retain information when you learn it at night.
好吧,这个算是有点难度了,但你想什么时候才开始呀?如果你晚上学的话还有别的好处:研究表明晚上学习记忆力更好。
16. Go to sleep.
上床睡觉。
No devices means no chance for interrupted rest. Research shows that phones can mess with your sleep. The act can improve every aspect of your life, so you may as well log a few extra Zs while you're off the grid.
不用电子设备意味着不会打扰你休息。研究表明电话会扰乱睡眠。远离电子设备能提高生活质量,所以没网时你能睡点好觉了。
n.高压输电线路网;地图坐标方格;格栅
- In this application,the carrier is used to encapsulate the grid.在这种情况下,要用载体把格栅密封起来。
- Modern gauges consist of metal foil in the form of a grid.现代应变仪则由网格形式的金属片组成。
n.安康,安乐,幸福
- He always has the well-being of the masses at heart.他总是把群众的疾苦挂在心上。
- My concern for their well-being was misunderstood as interference.我关心他们的幸福,却被误解为多管闲事。
n.怀乡病,留恋过去,怀旧
- He might be influenced by nostalgia for his happy youth.也许是对年轻时幸福时光的怀恋影响了他。
- I was filled with nostalgia by hearing my favourite old song.我听到这首喜爱的旧歌,心中充满了怀旧之情。
n.精神涣散,精神不集中,消遣,娱乐
- Total concentration is required with no distractions.要全神贯注,不能有丝毫分神。
- Their national distraction is going to the disco.他们的全民消遣就是去蹦迪。
adj.物质上,体格上,身体上,按自然规律
- He was out of sorts physically,as well as disordered mentally.他浑身不舒服,心绪也很乱。
- Every time I think about it I feel physically sick.一想起那件事我就感到极恶心。
v.潦草地书写,乱写,滥写;n.潦草的写法,潦草写成的东西,杂文
- She can't write yet,but she loves to scribble with a pencil.她现在还不会写字,但她喜欢用铅笔乱涂。
- I can't read this scribble.我看不懂这种潦草的字。
n.少量;vi.草草记下;vt.匆匆写下
- I'll jot down their address before I forget it.我得赶快把他们的地址写下来,免得忘了。
- There is not a jot of evidence to say it does them any good.没有丝毫的证据显示这对他们有任何好处。
adj.宣泄情绪的;n.泻剂
- His laughter was cathartic,an animal yelp that brought tears to his eyes.他哈哈大笑以宣泄情绪,声音如野兽般尖厉,眼泪都笑出来了。
- The drug had a cathartic effect.这药有导泻的作用。
n.出口/路;销路;批发商店;通风口;发泄
- The outlet of a water pipe was blocked.水管的出水口堵住了。
- Running is a good outlet for his energy.跑步是他发泄过剩精力的好方法。
n.长命;长寿
- Good habits promote longevity.良好的习惯能增长寿命。
- Human longevity runs in families.人类的长寿具有家族遗传性。
v.想,考虑,(尤指宗教上的)沉思,冥想
- It is important to meditate on the meaning of life.思考人生的意义很重要。
- I was meditating,and reached a higher state of consciousness.我在冥想,并进入了一个更高的意识境界。
adv.明确地,断然,坚决地;实在,确实
- She was positively glowing with happiness.她满脸幸福。
- The weather was positively poisonous.这天气着实讨厌。
adj.有同情心的,表示同情的
- She is a compassionate person.她是一个有同情心的人。
- The compassionate judge gave the young offender a light sentence.慈悲的法官从轻判处了那个年轻罪犯。
n.熟虑,(尤指宗教的)默想,沉思,(pl.)冥想录
- This peaceful garden lends itself to meditation.这个恬静的花园适于冥想。
- I'm sorry to interrupt your meditation.很抱歉,我打断了你的沉思。
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
n.叙述,故事;adj.叙事的,故事体的
- He was a writer of great narrative power.他是一位颇有记述能力的作家。
- Neither author was very strong on narrative.两个作者都不是很善于讲故事。
额外津贴,附带福利,外快( perk的名词复数 )
- Perks offered by the firm include a car and free health insurance. 公司给予的额外待遇包括一辆汽车和免费健康保险。
- Are there any perks that go with your job? 你的工作有什么津贴吗?
标签:
WiFi