我需要您的签名
I need your John Hancock.我需要您的签名.
John Hancock是在The Declaration 1 of Independence(美国独立宣言)上署名的独立战士中,将自己的名字签得又好又大的一个人.所以美国人常把Jogn Hancock当作signature(署名,签名)的意思.
signature "签名,署名"(常带有事务性味道)autograph "celebrity(名人)的signature" (主要指"把自己的名字签给别人作纪念")I.
A:I need your John Hancock here to complete the deal. 这里需要您的John Hancock以完成交易.
B:You need my what? 你说需要我的什么?
A:Your signature.你的签名.
B:Oh,ok.Doesn't it to be notarized? 喔,好的.不需要经过公正吗?
A:No,that won't necessary. 不用,没必要.
II.
A:Can I have your autograph(n.),please? 您能给我签个名吗?
B:Sure. 当然.
C:Would you please autograph(v.) this picture? 能请您在这张照片上签名吗?
B:Certainly. 当然可以.
C:Thanks a million! 太谢谢您了!
D:My pleasure. 这是我的荣幸.
III.
A:I wrote to President Bush and he sent me an autographed(adj.) picture of his family.
我写了封信给布什总统.他送我一张签名的全家福照.
B:Really?Keep it in a safe place.It'll sell for thousands of dollars a few decades later.
真的?好好保管它.几十年后它肯定能卖几千美元.
- We read the declaration posted on the bulletin board.我们读了贴在布告板上的声明。
- At the recent convention a declaration was adopted.在最近举行的大会上通过了一项宣言。