Making Phone Calls 打电话
W: Good evening. International Hotel. May I help you?
早晨好,国际饭店。要帮忙吗?
C: Can you put me through to Mr Brown in room 1918?
请接1918房间布朗先生。
W: May I know your name, please?
请问尊姓大名?
C: Clinton.
克林顿。
W: Hold on, please. I'm afraid there's nobody answering the call.
请稍等。对不起,没人接。
C: 0h, yes. Mr Brown might be in the Lobby 1 Bar at this time.
噢,布朗先生这时候可能在大厅酒吧里。
W: Hold the line, please.
请别挂。
Excuse me, Mr Brown. You are wanted on the phone by a Mr Clinton.
对不起,布朗先生,有位克林顿先生来电找您。
B: Thank you. Hi, Brown's speaking.
谢谢。嘿,我是布朗。
BG: Hello, this is Bill Robbinson speaking. Can I speak to Mr Brown in Room 1212, please?
您好,我是比尔·鲁宾逊。我可以与1212房间的布朗先生通话吗?
W: Hold on, please. The line is busy (engaged).
请别挂电话。现在电话占线。
…Go ahead, please.
请说吧。
M: Good afternoon, Human Resources 2 Department. Mary speaking. May I help you?
下午好,人力资源部。我是玛丽。要我帮忙吗?
F: Frank 3 speaking. Could I speak to Mr Brown, please?
我是弗兰克。请问我可以跟布朗先生说话吗?
M: I'm sorry, Mr Frank, but Mr Brown is not at his desk at the moment. I'll ask him to ring you up later. Would you like to leave your telephone number?
对不起,弗兰克先生,布朗先生现在不在办公室。我请他过会儿给您去电话。请把您的电话号码留给我好吗?
F: Yes, my phone number is 635-567-79.
好的,我的电话号码是635-567-79。
M: 635-567-79. I'll be sure to ask Mr Brown to call you back, Mr Frank.
635-567-79。弗兰克先生,我一定告诉布朗先生给您去电话。
- As he walked through the lobby,he skirted a group of ladies.他穿过门厅时,绕过了一群女士。
- The delegates entered the assembly hall by way of the lobby.代表们通过大厅进入会场。
- The world's resources are rapidly diminishing. 世界资源正在迅速减少。
- a policy to equalize the distribution of resources throughout the country 使资源在全国分布均衡的政策