儿童节 孩子告诉你最可爱的事
英语课
What is the loveliest thing a child has ever said to you?
孩子曾经告诉过你的最可爱的事情是什么?
获得10.8k好评的答案@Jamie Hollern
My oldest son has just turned 3 years old and he is autistic. I think he's reasonably mild because he's super smart in many ways and it's not immediately obvious to strangers that he's "different" from other children. However, he's developmentally behind with his communication. He can speak, and he can now say any word he wants (after being mute 1 for the first two years of his life) but he doesn't really "get" verbal 2 communication to its full extent 3 yet. For example, he has never told anyone that he loves them and it's impossible to have any form of conversation with him.
我的大儿子刚过三岁,患有孤独症。我觉得他非常温柔,因为他在很多方面都很聪明,陌生人并不会立刻明显地感觉出他和其他孩子“不一样”。但是他在与人交流上发育有些迟缓。他会说话,现在也能说出他想说的任何词汇(他在两岁以前都不会说话),但是他还无法“理解”口头交流。举个例子,他从未告诉过任何人他爱着他们,我们也不可能和他有任何形式上的交流。
One night a few months ago he was in the bath with his little brother and we were all playing as usual. Suddenly a big grin 4 spread across his little face and he looked up at us and said the best phrase I've ever heard in my life.
几个月前的一天晚上,他和他的弟弟一起洗澡,我们像平常一样玩耍。突然他小小的脸上露出一个大大的笑容,然后抬头看着我们,说出了我有生以来听到过的最动听的话。
"Mummy, Daddy, happy."
“妈妈,爸爸,开心。”
获得17.1k好评的答案@Chris Lynam
My youngest, Violet 5 (3), leans in and whispers, "Daddy, I know your nickname 6." You know, the way kids whisper when they don't need to but how parents should play along.
我的小女儿维奥莱特(3岁),走上前在我耳边说:“爸爸,我知道你的昵称。”要知道,孩子会在不必要的时候耳语,但是父母应该要配合。
I'm putting on my make-believe Dad hat and whisper back.
我假装相信,并且耳语回去。
Me: "What's my nickname?"
我:“我的昵称是什么?”
She looks around like it's a secret password and says, "It's Chris. Your nickname is Chris."
仿佛那是一个机要密码,她环顾四周然后说:“是克里斯,你的昵称是克里斯。”
I'm shocked. I had a tough enough time hearing my girls call me "Dad" instead of "Daddy", but calling me by my "Name-name" is on another level.
我很惊讶。我有段时间很难过,因为女儿没叫我“粑粑”而是叫我“爸爸”,但是叫我全名就完全是另一回事了。
Me: "Where did you hear that?"
我:“你从哪儿听来的?”
Violet: "At the dancing studio. They all call you Chris Lynam."
维奥莱特:“在舞蹈练习室,他们都叫你克里斯·利纳姆。”
Me: "Really?"
我:“真的?”
Violet: "Yeah. And I have a nickname too. It's Violet Lynam. We have the same nickname Daddy. "
维奥莱特:“对,而且我也有个昵称,是维奥莱特·利纳姆。粑粑,我们有一样的昵称。”
My heart melts.
我的心都化了。
获得10.1k好评的答案@Katie Birtles
I was waitressing at a cafe, and a big family sat down to eat.
我在一家咖啡店做服务生,刚好有一大家子坐下来用餐。
As is normal with small children, they were all fussing 7 about what they did and did not want to eat, for quite a while.
小孩子是这种家庭的标配,有好一会,他们都在为小孩子做的事情小题大做,完全没有吃饭的意思。
One little girl badly wanted a chocolate milkshake. Her parents were less enthusiastic.
有个小女孩很想要巧克力奶昔,但是她的父母不答应。
I quietly suggested to the parents that perhaps they'd like a 'megashake' that could be shared between the whole family, rather than buying many individual, expensive milkshakes.
我马上向这对父母推荐,也许他们会想要一份“超级奶昔”,可以全家分享,而不是多花钱买好几份单人份奶昔。
The little girl was so chuffed with this, she suddenly grabbed 8 my hand, looked up into my face and said "Oh! I love you!"
小女孩为此感到很高兴,她突然抓住我的手,抬头看着我说:“噢!我爱你!”
I had the biggest grin on my face. Kids are so easily pleased.
我露出一个大大的笑脸。孩子们是如此的容易满足。
n.哑子,默音字母,弱音器;adj.哑的,无声的,沉默的;vt.减音,减弱;vi.(鸟)排泄
- He is mute on the subject of social system.他对社会制度的问题保持沉默。
- Her daughter was mute after a serious illness.她的女儿在一场重病之后失去了说话能力。
adj.口头的,用言辞的,用文字的,动词的
- Verbal statements are no guarantee.口说无凭。
- I delivered a verbal protest against their brutal acts.我对他们的暴行提出口头抗议。
n.程度,范围,限度;广度,宽度,大小
- The new race track is nearly six miles in extent. 这条新跑道将近六英里长。
- What's the extent of the damage? 损坏的程度如何?
n./vi.露齿而笑,咧嘴一笑
- I know she is joking because she has a big grin on her face.我知道她是在开玩笑。因为她满脸笑容。
- She came out of his office with a big grin on her face.她笑容满面地走出他的办公室。
adj.紫色的;n.紫罗兰
- She likes to wear violet dresses.他喜欢穿紫色的衣服。
- Violet is the color of wisdom,peace and strength.紫色是智慧的,和平的和力量的颜色。
n.绰号,昵称;v.给...取绰号,叫错名字
- She called me by my nickname.她叫我的外号。
- Why do you fasten such a nickname on her?你为什么给她取这样一个绰号?
小题大做,大惊小怪( fuss的现在分词 ); 烦恼,激动(尤指对小事); 瞎忙一气,过分关心
- Stop fussing about; the bus will arrive on time. 别慌,公共汽车会准时到达。
- I wish you would stop fussing me about. I'm quite able to look after myself. 但愿你不要为我过于操心了,我挺能照顾我自己。
标签:
儿童节