Asking about Public and Business Areas 询问公共场所
G: Excuse me, but where's the toilet?
对不起,请问卫生间在哪里?
W: Go straight, then turn left.
一直向前走,然后向左拐。
BW: Good afternoon. Can I help you?
下午好!要帮忙吗?
G: Yes. Can you tell me where the clinic is?
是的。请问医务室在哪里?
W: Please take the elevator to the third floor. The clinic is at the end of the corridor 1 to the left.
请乘电梯到三楼。诊所在走廊的顶头,靠左边。
G: Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
W: My pleasure.
很愿意为您效劳。
CW: I hope you've enjoyed your dinner.
我希望您吃得很满意。
G: The service is fast and the food is excellent. We've all enjoyed ourselves.
服务很快,饭菜味佳。我们都很满意。
W: Thank you for your coming. I hope you will come again.
谢谢您的光临。我希望您下次光临。
G: Sure. By the way, where is the coffee shop?
肯定。顺便问一句,请问咖啡店在哪里?
W: It's on the third floor, opposite to the lift.
在三楼,正对电梯。
G: Thank you, and when does it close for breakfast?
谢谢。早餐用到什么时候?
W: It closes at 10 a.m..
开到上午10点。
G: Thanks a lot. Bye-bye.
谢谢。再见。
W: Good-bye, madam and sir.
女士,先生,再见。
DG: Hello, waitress, where can I have coffee, please?
你好,服务员。请问我能在什么地方喝咖啡?
W: You can either go to the Rose Bar on the eighth floor or the Lobby 2 Bar on the first floor.
您可以去八楼的玫瑰酒吧,或者一楼的大堂吧。
G: And which closes later?
哪个晚结束?
W: The Rose Bar, which closes at 12:30 midnight.
玫瑰餐厅,它半夜12:30打烊。
G: Thank you.
谢谢。
W: That's all right. Enjoy yourself, please.
不客气。愿你喝得痛快。
EG: Excuse me, when does your Chinese Restaurant close?
对不起,请问中餐厅什么时候打烊?
W: It closes at 9:00.
九点关门。
G: 0h, my God, it's already 10:00. I'm afraid the Chinese Restaurant has closed. I love Chinese food.
啊,天哪,已经10点了。恐怕中餐厅已经打烊了。我喜欢中国菜。
W: Would you like room service instead? There are some Chinese food items 3 in the room service menu. We provide room service till 12:00 p.m..
您想要房内用膳服务吗?房内用膳服务菜单上有些中国菜。该项服务一直可以到晚上12点钟。
G: I see. Thank you.
我明白了。谢谢。
FMr Smith: Excuse me, but can you tell me where the Olympic Village is?
对不起,您能告诉我奥运村在哪儿吗?
Yang: Go straight on for 2 blocks. Then turn right.
一直往前走两个街区,然后右拐。
Mr Smith: 2 blocks straight on. Then turn right.
向前走两个街区,然后向右拐。
Yang: You are right. Then one more block on. The Olympic Village is right there before your eyes.
对。然后再向前走一个街区。您就能看到奥运村了。
Mr Smith: So it's not far to walk.
这么说来,步行去不远了。
Yang: Yes. It's only 20 minutes' walk. You can't miss it.
是的。只要步行20分钟就到了。您一下子就看到了。
Mr Smith: Many thanks.
十分感谢。
GStranger: Excuse me, sir. But could you please show me the way to the nearest bank?
对不起,先生。您能告诉我离这儿最近的银行怎么走吗?
Wang: Sure. It's not very far from here. Go straight ahead along this street and turn left when you see a motor 4 car advertisement.
当然可以。银行离这里不远。沿着这条街向前走。当看到一个汽车广告时左拐弯。
Stranger: How long does it take to walk there?
步行去需要多少时间?
Wang: Fifteen to twenty minutes, I guess. But you can take Bus No.5 and get off at the second stop.
我猜想要花15到20分钟。但是你可以坐5路车去,到第二站下车。
Stranger: I think I'll take a bus. Thank you very much.
我想我乘公共汽车去。非常感谢。
Wang: You are welcome.
不用谢。
HStranger: Sorry to disturb you, Miss. But is this the way to Tian An Men Square? 小姐,对不起打扰一下。请问去天安门广场这条路对吗? Miss Li: I'm afraid you are going in the opposite direction. Walk across the street. And you can take the subway at the corner on the right.
你恐怕在向反方向走了。过马路,你可以在右手街角处坐地铁去那里。
Stranger: Is it far to walk?
步行路远吗?
Miss Li: Yes. You have to go there either by subway or by bus.
是的。你必须乘地铁或者乘公共汽车去。
Stranger: Then I'll take the subway there. Thank you very much.
那样的话,我乘地铁去吧。非常感谢。
Miss Li: It's my pleasure.
很愿意为您效劳。
IStranger: Excuse me, is there a cinema near here?
对不起,请问这附近有电影院吗?
Miss Li: So you are a stranger here.
你对这一带很陌生吧。
Stranger: Yes. This is the first time I have been in China.
是呀。这是我第一次来中国。
Miss Li: Go straight along this street to the traffic lights. Then turn right. A short way along the right, you'll see it.
顺着这条街一直走到红绿灯处。然后向右拐。靠右边走一点点路你就看到了。
Stranger: What's the name of the cinema?
那是什么电影院?
Miss Li: Shanghai Guangming Cinema. You can walk there within 10 minutes.
上海光明电影院。10分钟之内你就能走到。
Stranger: Much obliged 5.
太感谢你了。
Miss Li: You are welcome.
不客气。
- The corridor opens into Mr.Brown's office.这条走廊通到布朗先生的办公室。
- There was a ring of laughter in the corridor.走廊里传来响亮的笑声。
- As he walked through the lobby,he skirted a group of ladies.他穿过门厅时,绕过了一群女士。
- The delegates entered the assembly hall by way of the lobby.代表们通过大厅进入会场。
- Bulky items will be collected separately. 大件物品将分开收集。
- Customers with ten items or less can use the express lane. 购买十件商品以内的顾客可使用快速购物通道。
- A washing machine is run by a small electric motor.洗衣机由一台小电动机驱动。
- The motor usually operates well.这台发动机通常运转良好。