听歌学英语:不离不弃 Stand By Me
When the night has come
當夜晚來臨
And the land is dark
大地一片漆黑
And the moon is the only light we'll see
月亮是我們唯一能見到的光
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
但是,我不会害怕,我不会害怕
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
只要你在我身邊
And darling, darling, stand by me
親愛的,站在我身邊
Oh now now stand by me
請站在我身邊
Stand by me, stand by me
站在我身邊
If the sky that we look upon
如果我們仰望的天空
Should tumble 1 and fall
坍塌下來
And the mountains should crumble 2 to the sea
或者是群山冲蚀进大海/山崩地裂
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
我不會哭,我不會哭,一滴淚都不会流
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
只要你在我身邊
Whenever you're in trouble, won't you stand by me
无论何时你陷入麻烦,要和我一起
Oh now now stand by me
站在我身邊
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me
站在我身邊,不离不弃
Stand: v 战立,使直立,竖放,位于,保持看法,承担责任 n 看台,停止,立场
Don't just stand there ─do something! 别傻站着啊——干点什么!
Stand still while I take your photo. 我拍照的时候,你站着别动。
Stand the ladder up against the wall. 把梯子靠墙立好。
The castle stands on the site of an ancient battlefield. 那座城堡坐落在一片古战场上。
v 处于(某种状态或情形)
The house stood empty for a long time. 那所房子空了好长一段时间。
‘You're wrong about the year─it was 1988.’ ‘ I stand corrected (= accept that I was wrong) .’ “你把年份搞错了——是1988年。”“你说得对,是我搞错了。”
As things stand , there is little chance of a quick settlement of the dispute. 照目前的形势,尽快解决争端的可能微乎其微。
You never know where you stand with her─one minute she's friendly, the next she'll hardly speak to you.你从来拿不准你和她的关系如何——她一会儿跟你亲热,一会儿连话也不大跟你说。
v 停滞;不流动;放着不动 ;保持有效;维持不变
Mix the batter 3 and let it stand for twenty minutes. 和好面以后,放上二十分钟。
My offer still stands. 我的出价仍然算数。
The world record stood for 20 years. 那项世界纪录20年未被打破。
v 经受,承受,经得起, 容忍,忍受
I can't stand the sight of blood. 一看见血我就难受。
I can't stand people interrupting all the time. 我不能容忍老有人打岔。
v 花钱请(某人喝饮料或吃饭)
He stood drinks all round. 他请大家喝了饮料。
She was kind enough to stand us a meal. 她真好,请我们吃了饭。
n 态度;立场;观点
He was criticized for his tough stand on immigration. 他因在移民问题上立场强硬受到批评。
- Children tumble over each other in play.孩子们玩耍时相互连身翻滚。
- He took a tumble down the stairs.他摔下了楼梯。
- Opposition more or less crumbled away.反对势力差不多都瓦解了。
- Even if the seas go dry and rocks crumble,my will will remain firm.纵然海枯石烂,意志永不动摇。