大家说英语 第463期:火车旅行(1)
英语课
Susie, can you help me? 苏西,你能帮帮我吗?
Sure, Alex. What do you need? 当然了,阿莱克斯。你有什么需要?
I want to buy Linda a surprise gift. I treated 1 her badly 2, and I want to make it up to her. 我想给琳达买一个礼物让她惊喜一下。之前我对她不太好,我想补偿一下。
Ah 3, yes. You were ignoring 4 her because you were playing that smartphone game. 啊,是啊。由于你当时在玩儿手机游戏,所以忽视了她。
Exactly 5. So what should I get her? 没错。所以我应该送她什么?
Let me think... 让我想想...
I know! Linda loves trains. 我知道!琳达喜欢火车。
That's right! Linda loves the railway 6. 没错!琳达喜欢铁路。
So should I buy her a model train? 所以我应该给她买一个火车模型?
No. She loves taking trains. Take her on a train trip. 不。她喜欢坐火车。带她来一趟火车旅行吧。
That's a really good idea. 真是个好主意。
You could 7 take her on an old train. 你可以带她坐一趟老火车。
That's perfect 8! Linda will love that. Thanks, Susie. 完美!琳达会喜欢的。谢谢你,苏西。
Wow, Alex. This train is wonderful! 哇,阿莱克斯。这列火车真棒!
It is. It first ran 9 in 1944. 是啊。它是在1944年第一次行驶的。
And we're taking it now in 2016. That's amazing 10! Thank you so much for buying these tickets, Alex. 我们现在在2016年搭乘它。太令人吃惊了!阿莱克斯,非常感谢你买这些票。
You're welcome, Linda. 别客气,琳达。
This is all so exciting. What station are we arriving at next? 这一切太令人激动了。下一站我们要到的是哪里?
I'm not sure. Let me take a look. 我不确定。让我看一看。
治疗
- He was filled with anger at the way he had been treated. 他因遭受如此待遇而怒火满腔。
- I was treated with the utmost courtesy by the staff. 我受到了工作人员极有礼貌的接待。
int. 啊!呀!嗳!哈!(表现痛苦,感叹,惊奇,怜惜,厌弃,欢喜等)
- Ah!This is a waste of time!啊,真是浪费时间!
- Ah,I've got it.哦,我想起来了。
不顾( ignore的现在分词 ); [法律]驳回(诉讼); 对…不予理会; 佯装未见
- She's been deliberately ignoring him all day. 她故意整天都不理他。
- She snubbed him by ignoring his question. 她不去理他的问题,借此冷落他。
adv.准确地;严格地
- What I want is exactly this one.我要的就是这一个。
- I beg your pardon,what you say is not exactly correct.对不起,你说的话并不完全对。
n.铁路;v.由铁道运输
- Police closed in the railway station.警察关闭了火车站。
- Our village is close to the railway station.我们村挨近火车站。
v.能,可能(can的过去式);aux.v.(can的过去式)能;可以
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
n.完成式;adj.完美的,全然的,理想的,熟练的,正确的,完成式的;vt.使完美,修改
- She speaks perfect English.她英语说得好极了。
- The weather is perfect for a picnic.这种天气举行野餐好极了。
vbl.run的过去式
- He ran,and then slowed down to a walk.他跑着,然后放慢速度步行。
- As soon as Marie opened the door,the dog ran in.当玛丽一打开门,狗就跑了进来。
标签:
大家说英语