TED演讲:关于听的艺术(14)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
So for example, one of the things that we learn when we are dealing 1 with being a percussion 2 player, as opposed to a musician,is basically straightforward 3 single stroke rolls. 举个例子,我们曾经学过一种演奏方法,作为一个打击乐演奏家,而并非音乐家,当我们处理音乐的时候就是最基本的单击滚奏。
Like that. And then we get a little faster and a little faster and a little faster. 像这样。然后快一些,再快一些,再快一些。
And so on and so forth 4. What does this piece require? 诸如此类,这段该怎样呢?
Single stroke rolls. So why can't I then do that whilst learning a piece of music? 单击滚奏。 那么为什么我不可以在学一段音乐的首用这种手法呢?
And that's exactly what he did. 那正是他所做的。
And interestingly, the older I became, and when I became a full-time 5 student at a so called music institution, all of that went out of the window. 有意思的是,随着年龄的增长,当我成为了专业学生以后在所谓的“音乐学院”,那些疑惑都消失了。
We had to study from study books. 我们开始学习书本。
And constantly, the question, Well, why? Why? What is this relating to? “为什么?为什么?学这些有什么用呢?”这些问题常常出现在我的脑海里?
I need to play a piece of music. Oh, well, this will help your control! 我需要去演奏音乐。“噢,学习这些会帮住你学会控制!”
Well, how? Why do I need to learn that? I need to relate it to a piece of music. 那么,怎么用它学会控制?为什么我需要学这些?我需要把它和音乐联系起来。
You know. I need to say something. 你知道,我需要说些什么。
Why am I practicing paradiddles? 为什么我要练习复合式打点?
Is it just literally 6 for control, for hand-stick control? Why am I doing that? 真的是为了很好地控制吗?为了控制鼓棒?为什么我要这么做?
I need to have the reason,and the reason has to be by saying something through the music. 我需要知道答案,而答案需要通过音乐告知。
And by saying something through music, which basically is sound,we then can reach all sorts of things to all sorts of people. 通过音乐,实际上就是通过声音,这样一来,我们可以把所有的东西传递给所有的人。
But I don't want to take responsibility of your emotional baggage. 但我不想为大家的情绪包袱负责。
That's up to you, when you walk through a hall. 这由你决定,当你走进一座演奏大厅。
Because that then determines what and how we listen to certain things. 因为这样,决定了我们怎样去听一些东西。
n.经商方法,待人态度
- This store has an excellent reputation for fair dealing.该商店因买卖公道而享有极高的声誉。
- His fair dealing earned our confidence.他的诚实的行为获得我们的信任。
n.打击乐器;冲突,撞击;震动,音响
- In an orchestra,people who play percussion instruments sit at the back.在管弦乐队中,演奏打击乐器的人会坐在后面。
- Percussion of the abdomen is often omitted.腹部叩诊常被省略。
adj.正直的,坦率的;易懂的,简单的
- A straightforward talk is better than a flowery speech.巧言不如直说。
- I must insist on your giving me a straightforward answer.我一定要你给我一个直截了当的回答。
adv.向前;向外,往外
- The wind moved the trees gently back and forth.风吹得树轻轻地来回摇晃。
- He gave forth a series of works in rapid succession.他很快连续发表了一系列的作品。
adj.满工作日的或工作周的,全时间的
- A full-time job may be too much for her.全天工作她恐怕吃不消。
- I don't know how she copes with looking after her family and doing a full-time job.既要照顾家庭又要全天工作,我不知道她是如何对付的。
标签:
TED演讲