TED演讲:关于听的艺术(1)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
I'm not quite sure whether I really want to see a snare 1 drum at nine o'clock or so in the morning. 我一点也不确定是否我自己愿意看到小军鼓,在晚上九点以后或是早晨。
But anyway, it's just great to see such a full theater,and really I must thank Herbie Hancock and his colleagues for such a great presentation. 不论如何,非常荣幸看到座无虚席也衷心的感谢 Herbie Hancock以及他的同事为了这个伟大的表演所付出的的所有努力。
One of the interesting things,of course, is the combination of that raw hand on the instrument and technology, and of course what he said about listening to our young people. 很有趣的一件事,当然,是双手和表演乐器技艺的完美结合以及如他所说聆听我们年轻人。
Of course, my job is all about listening,and my aim, really, is to teach the world to listen. 当然 我的工作全部是与听有关的,事实上,我的目标,是让世界学会聆听。
That's my only real aim in life. 那是我生命的唯一目标。
And it sounds quite simple, but actually it's quite a big, big job. 这听起来很简单,但是确实是一个很艰巨的工作,非常艰巨。
Because you know, when you look at a piece of music-for example,if I just open my little motorbike bag-we have here, hopefully,a piece of music that is full of little black dots on the page. 因为你知道,举个例子,当你看到一段音乐,现在让我来打开我的小机车包,希望能找到一份画满了黑色小圆点的乐谱。
And, you know, we open it up and I read the music. 打开它,然后读这段音乐。
So technically 2, I can actually read this. 技术上来说,的确,我可以读懂它。
I will follow the instructions, the tempo 3 markings, the dynamics 4. 我会根据乐谱上的拍子和节奏。
I will do exactly as I'm told. 演奏它,一字不拉地按照我所读到的。
And so therefore, because time is short,if I just play you literally 5 the first maybe two lines or so. It's very straightforward 6. 在这里,由于时间的关系,请允许我逐字的演奏前面的一两行。它很容易理解。
There's nothing too difficult about the piece. 这一段也一点都不难。
n.陷阱,诱惑,圈套;(去除息肉或者肿瘤的)勒除器;响弦,小军鼓;vt.以陷阱捕获,诱惑
- I used to snare small birds such as sparrows.我曾常用罗网捕捉麻雀等小鸟。
- Most of the people realized that their scheme was simply a snare and a delusion.大多数人都认识到他们的诡计不过是一个骗人的圈套。
adv.专门地,技术上地
- Technically it is the most advanced equipment ever.从技术上说,这是最先进的设备。
- The tomato is technically a fruit,although it is eaten as a vegetable.严格地说,西红柿是一种水果,尽管它是当作蔬菜吃的。
n.(音乐的)速度;节奏,行进速度
- The boss is unsatisfied with the tardy tempo.老板不满于这种缓慢的进度。
- They waltz to the tempo of the music.他们跟着音乐的节奏跳华尔兹舞。
n.力学,动力学,动力,原动力;动态
- In order to succeed,you must master complicated knowledge of dynamics.要取得胜利,你必须掌握很复杂的动力学知识。
- Dynamics is a discipline that cannot be mastered without extensive practice.动力学是一门不做大量习题就不能掌握的学科。
adv.照字面意义,逐字地;确实
- He translated the passage literally.他逐字逐句地翻译这段文字。
- Sometimes she would not sit down till she was literally faint.有时候,她不走到真正要昏厥了,决不肯坐下来。
adj.正直的,坦率的;易懂的,简单的
- A straightforward talk is better than a flowery speech.巧言不如直说。
- I must insist on your giving me a straightforward answer.我一定要你给我一个直截了当的回答。
标签:
TED演讲